新注册用户
搜索
楼主: vmzy

[项目新闻] United Devices [已结束]

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2006-9-12 14:14:33 | 显示全部楼层
Sep 11, 2006
Grid.org Status

Cancer Job - We continue to process the previous protein against the latest data from Inhibox. This is going pretty smoothly so there is not much to report.

2006年8月28日
Grid.org消息

癌症任务 - 我们在用以前的蛋白质继续针对Inhibox的新数据进行计算。一切顺利没有什么消息报告。

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +10 维基拼图 +3 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 10 + 3

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-9-19 15:40:12 | 显示全部楼层
Sep 18, 2006
Grid.org status

Stats - The stats did not run for 9/15 as happens occassionally. I will manually rerun the stats job so hopefully these will be correct later in the day.

Connectivity - some members reported connectivity problems over the weekend. I am not aware of any issues that would have caused this. There may have been an issue with our ISP or something. In any case, everything should be working correctly now.

2006年9月18日
Grid.org消息

统计 - 9月15日统计系统出了问题,没有工作。我将在今天晚些时候,手工添加添加正确的数据。

连接问题 - 周末有用户报告出现连接异常。我也搞不清为什么会这样。可能是我们的ISP或其它什么地方出了问题。总之,现在一切正常。

[ Last edited by vmzy on 2006-10-8 at 11:24 ]

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +16 维基拼图 +8 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 16 + 8

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-9-26 13:50:41 | 显示全部楼层
Sep 25, 2006
Grid.org status

Things appear to working pretty smoothly at the moment. Stats are up to date and I have not heard any more complaints about connectivity. The cancer jobs continue to run without crashes.

2006年9月25日
Grid.org消息

当前一切正常。统计更新正常,也没有人再报告连接异常了。癌症任务还在继续稳定计算中。

[ Last edited by vmzy on 2006-10-8 at 11:22 ]

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +10 维基拼图 +4 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 10 + 4

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-10-8 11:21:28 | 显示全部楼层
Oct 02, 2006
Grid.org status

Cancer job - Nothing new to report. We continue to crunch through the data. I uploaded a new batch today so there should be new workunits available.

2006年10月2日
Grid.org消息

癌症任务 - 没啥消息。我们仍在继续算数据。今天我上传了一批新任务。

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +10 维基拼图 +4 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 10 + 4

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-10-10 14:13:29 | 显示全部楼层
Oct 09, 2006
Grid.org status

Cancer Job - No change. I did upload some new WUs late last week. Everything appears to be running smoothly.

Stats - We still have an issue with a couple of days of team stats - 10/5 and 10/8. I am going to manually kick off the rollup script so hopefully both will be fixed by tomorrow. As far as exactly why this occurs, I am not a mssqlserver expert (by far). Occassionally the stored procedure that does the work times out and does not complete. Nothing is lost and it is a simple matter to kick off the procedure again by hand so members should not panic about this.

2006年10月9日
Grid.org信息

癌症任务 - 没变化。上星期我上传了一些新任务。一切正常。

统计 - 我们有几天的团队统计仍然有问题 - 10月5日 和 10月8日。 我将手动重启回收脚本程序,以期到明天能修复这两个错误。目前仍不清楚错误的起因,因为当前我不是一个 mssqlserver 专家。很显然服务器上的程序有时会无故罢工。没有遗失任何信息,只要把程序手动重启一下就行了,用户们不用担心。

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +20 维基拼图 +10 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 20 + 10

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-10-24 14:25:36 | 显示全部楼层
Oct 23, 2006
Stats - We have an issue with stats currently. For some reason, the stats job keeps failing. We have not identified the problem yet. Nothing should be lost as far as points. We just need to get the job to run correctly to tally up all of the stats. I am not sure when this will be fixed so please be patient.

2006年10月23日
统计 - 统计现在有问题。不知道为什么,统计始终无法正常工作。我们还没有确定问题的起因。包括积分什么都不会丢失。我们只是要统计程序正常运行起来,做好统计数据就行了。我也不清楚什么时候可以修复问题,所以请耐心等候吧。

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +12 维基拼图 +6 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 12 + 6

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-10-27 12:54:07 | 显示全部楼层
Oct 26, 2006
Stats

As you are probably aware, we have had some issues with stats recently. After a few days of manually running all of the jobs, the stats appear to be caught up. We did not encounter any errors when trying to run manually which is strange. Tomorrow we will see whether the stats are able to run automatically after the manual intervention (and a reboot for good measure). If not, we will continue to manually run the stats as we troubleshoot the issue further.

2006年10月26日
统计

你可能晓得,我们的统计最近出了问题。经过几天的手动更新,统计已经及时更新了。奇怪的是在手动更新过程中我们没有遇到任何错误。明天我们将看看在人工干预后,自动统计功能是否可以恢复正常(保险起见,我们将重启一下)。如果还是有问题的,我们会坚持手动更新统计,直到问题被解决。

[ Last edited by vmzy on 2006-10-27 at 16:12 ]

评分

霊烏路 空 + 16 + 8

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-11-7 13:44:20 | 显示全部楼层
Nov 06, 2006
Grid.org status
Stats - The stats continue to be a bit erratic. We have not made any changes recently that would cause this behavior. They appear to eventually catch up, but are often a day or two behind. I am starting to suspect that this is because we have crossed some critical threshold of stats in the database (i.e. - DB has grown very big over the years). I think the stats job is not always able to finish running in the alloted time frame. We will continue to look into this, but know that we may need to continue to manually complete the stats rollup for a while. I will be manually running the team stats shortly.

2006年11月6日
Grid.org消息
统计 - 统计还是不正常。我们最近没做过可能导致出错的改动。好像每过1、2天就会出问题。我怀疑是不是统计数据超限了(也就是 - 经过这么多年数据库数据太多了)。我认为统计程序工作因此会经常会超时死掉。我们会继续关注此事,但我们也知道我们还要继续手工统计一段时间。过会儿我会手工更新小组统计。

评分

霊烏路 空 + 16 + 8

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-11-14 13:05:48 | 显示全部楼层
Nov 13, 2006
Grid.org status

Stats - We are missing team stats for 11/8. I am manually rolling those up now so everything should be caught up in a few hours.

2006年11月13日
Grid.org消息

统计 - 我们丢了11月8日的团队统计。我正在手工更新,几小时后就应该一切正常了。

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +10 维基拼图 +5 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 10 + 5

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-11-28 13:02:09 | 显示全部楼层
Nov 27, 2006
Stats - I see that some members are having issues accessing the stats. Obviously it should not take 10 minutes to bring up the page. It appears that there may be an issue with one of the load balanced servers. I will have IT look into this as soon as possible.

Cancer - I will be uploading some fresh workunits today.

2006年11月27日
统计 - 我听说有一些用户无法看到统计。显然打开一个页面要10分钟,是不正常的。看来,负载平衡服务器其中之一可能有问题。我将尽快调查此事。

癌症 - 今天我会上传一些新的任务包。

评分

霊烏路 空 + 10 + 5

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-12-5 13:36:01 | 显示全部楼层
Dec 04, 2006
Stats - Team stats have been running a bit behind, but there has not been any manual intervention needed recently.

Forum/Member Services - Our IT department recently reset all servers. I personally have not experienced the slow web page times since. Hopefully this issue is resolved for all members.

2006年12月4日
统计 - 团队统计更新有点慢,但没有必要进行人工干预。

论坛/会员服务 - 我们的IT部门近日把所有的服务器重启了。此后,我本人没有遇到打开网页速度很慢的情况。但愿对全体用户而言这个问题彻底解决了。

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +12 维基拼图 +6 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 12 + 6

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-12-8 13:50:06 | 显示全部楼层
Dec 07, 2006
The stats rollup had another glitch which has now been resolved. All stats are now up to date. We have still not identified the root cause of this sporadic issue, but are still looking into it. I will keep my troubleshooting progress to myself until we are sure we have identified the root cause since it just seems to generate more complaints from the member community.

There has been concern from many members about Grid.org in general as far as the status of projects, new work, software upgrades, etc. Please expect a posting next week from a UD executive regarding the future of Grid.org. (Before any conspiracy theories get started, we are not announcing that we are shutting down Grid.org).

2006年12月7日
统计系统的另一个错误现已修复。现在所有统计数据都是最新的。我们还不确定这些问题的根源,我们仍在研究中。我会努力检修,直到我们确定问题的根源,我们发现它很让论坛会员抱怨。

有很多人很关心Grid.org从项目状态、新任务、软件升级、等等,预计下周UD负责人会发布grid.org的未来展望。(在任何阴谋言论出现前,我们要告诉大家,我们绝不会关闭grid.org)。

评分

霊烏路 空 + 20 + 10

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-12-12 16:59:09 | 显示全部楼层
Dec 11, 2006
Upcoming plans for and changes to Grid.org

First of all, on behalf of United Devices I’d like to thank each and every one of you for your steadfast support of this unique, invaluable resource. For the last several years, Grid.org has played an important role in some tremendously important research and it is the largest and most respected volunteer-based grid of its kind in existence. None of that would be possible without all of you!

We have some exciting information to convey concerning Grid.org status and plans – but before I do that, please allow me to express our sincere regret for the frustrations that some of you have been experiencing lately. During the past year we have had technical difficulties with Grid.org that have contributed to your frustrations, but we have changes planned that should significantly improve your experience.

These are some of the plan highlights we have for Grid.org in the coming months:

We will migrate the Grid.org software to the latest version. Planning for this is well underway, and the migration will begin in the first quarter of 2007! In the first quarter (Jan-Mar) of 2007, we’ll begin a Beta Program (see below) in preparation for the final upgrade to the new release. We will perform the entire upgrade to the new version by end of Q2 of 2007.

The following new features will be introduced with the latest version.

- Support for multi-processor and multi-core machines
- Support for cache ahead so that users can request multiple work units
- Enhanced non-intrusiveness options
- The possibility for members to generate their own tools, GUIs, and reports using a new Grid MP Agent API
- New look and feel for the Grid MP Agent GUI
- Improved support for Microsoft XP operating system – enhances support for multi-users and allows fast user switching
- Support for Microsoft Vista operating system (both 32-bit and 64-bit)
- Support for Microsoft Internet Explorer 7
- Overall performance improvements to the grid
- General defect repairs

Right now our outreach committee is actively working on reviewing and selecting new projects to run on the updated Grid.org software. The initial conversations we’ve been having look very promising and we should be ready to make an announcement about the selected project by end of Q1 2007, to launch in the May-June timeframe. Your active co-operation in the Beta program will be key toward expediting this process!

As mentioned above, we will implement a Beta program and ask for volunteers to help with Beta testing of the new system. This program will initially be implemented with a target of 100 volunteers as the first phase of the upgrade to the new version of Grid.org. The Beta program will run for several weeks and is intended to identify any deployment issues that might be lingering in the new version so we can resolve them prior to the upgrade of the entire member community. We will provide you with additional details and initiate a call for Beta volunteers shortly before we begin the program.

Thank you once again for your continued support of Grid.org. We’re looking forward to keeping you informed on status of the initiatives outlined above – visit this site regularly for more information.

2006年12月11日
Grid.org的来年计划和变动

首先,我代表United Devices感谢大家坚持提供独特,宝贵的计算资源。在过去几年中,grid.org在一些非常重要的研究中起到了重要作用,它是现有的最大和最受人拥护的分布式计算项目。没有你们就没有这一切!

我们有一些关于grid.org状态和计划的令人兴奋的信息要传达,但在这之前,请允许我对大家就最近遇到的问题表示衷心的歉意。在过去的一年中,我们曾经出现技术上的困难,给大家造成了不便,但我们已制定了改善计划以修复它。

这是一些在未来几个月里grid.org的重要计划:

我们将把grid.org的软件升级到最新版本。这正在策划中,升级将于2007年第一季度进行!在2007年第一季度(一月至三月)一开始,我们就要开始公测(见下文)最终的升级版本的发布做准备。我们将在2007年第二季度末全面升级到最新的版本。

最新版本将推出以下新功能。

- 支持多处理器和多核心机器
- 支持任务缓存,使用户可以一次下载多个任务包
- 增强静默工作选项
- 使用户可以使用新的Grid MP Agent API开发自己的工具,图形界面,报告
- 焕然一新的Grid MP Agent界面
- 改进对微软XP操作系统的支持-加强支持多用户,允许快速切换用户
- 支援微软Vista操作系统境界(32位和64位)
- 支持微软Internet Explorer 7
- 网格整体性能改善
- 一般缺陷修复

现在我们的发展委员会正积极进行在软件更新后的grid.org上运行的新项目的审查和选拔工作。我一直在寻找机会和有希望的项目进行初期会谈,我们会在2007年第一季度末对外公布最终选定的项目,在5-6月间开始运行。你们积极参加公测项目将会加速这一进程!

如上所述,我们将进行公测,需要公测志愿者帮助测试新系统。这一计划的初期目标是选100名志愿者作为第一期的grid.org新版本升级测试员。公测将持续几个星期,目的是找出新版本存在的问题,以便我们能够在全面升级之前解决它们。以后我们会向你提供更多细节,我们会在公测前召集志愿者。

再次感谢大家的对grid.org的不断支持。我们随时通报上述举措的执行状况--请定期访问我们的网站,以获取更多的信息。

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +50 维基拼图 +25 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 50 + 25

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-12-14 14:37:23 | 显示全部楼层
Dec 13, 2006
Stats Update

We are aware of the stats issue, but will not be able to do anything about it for a couple of hours. As part of our routine maintenance, we are backing up the stats database. This process used to occur late in the evening, which is also when the stats rollup job runs. Since we have been having stats rollup problems, we decided to not run the database backup at the same time that the rollup was running, thinking that this may be contributing to the job periodically failing to complete.

Until we do a bit more investigation, we are not sure if the backup is causing the "stats still running" issue or if this was coincidence. If the backup turns out to be the cause, we will move the backups back to late night even if it causes stats to not complete occassionally. Please be patient while we work through this. Database backups are essential so that we do not have the catastrophic data loss like we had a year ago.

I will also post this in Member News so that everyone is aware of what is going on.

2006年12月13日
统计更新

我们知道统计有问题,但暂时束手无策。作为我们例行维护的一部分,我们正在备份统计数据。这个工作通常在晚上进行,这也是统计回收程序运行的时候。既然我们的统计回收程序有问题,我们决定不在数据库备份的同时,运行回收程序,我们认为这可能导致统计工作有时会失败。

在我们做更多的调查前,我们不知道是不是备份造成"stats still running"的问题,或者这只是巧合。如果是备份的错,我们将把备份调回至深夜进行,以免导致统计出问题。请耐心等我们搞好它。数据库的备份是必要的,使我们可以避免在一年前的数据灾难性损失再次发生。

我会在Member News发布后续消息。

评分

霊烏路 空 + 20 + 10

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-12-27 21:53:12 | 显示全部楼层
Dec 26, 2006
Member services problem

United Devices is closed Dec 25, 2006 - Jan 1, 2007 for the holidays. I am aware of the current issue and will try to contact our IT department, but the issue may not be resolved until after the holidays. I apologize for this inconvenience.

2006年12月26日
Member services问题

United Devices因放假于2006年12月25日-2007年1月1日关闭。我们知道现在的问题,也尝试和我们的IT部分协商,但只有放假后才能解决该问题。对大家造成的不便我表示抱歉。

评分

霊烏路 空 + 10 + 5

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 新注册用户

本版积分规则

论坛官方淘宝店开业啦~
欢迎大家多多支持基金会~

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|中国分布式计算总站 ( 沪ICP备05042587号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 14:56