回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-2-25 16:28:42 | 显示全部楼层
他一定有后门吧  
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-6-17 10:34:37 | 显示全部楼层

June 16, 2008

As much as I would like to let everyone join, this is still an alpha project and any additional computers may be an impediment to developement. We already have many Windows, Linux and Macs. Friday I plan to disable account creation until our project matures. -Jack

这仍是一个alpha阶段的项目,我们在各个主流平台都已经有了足够多的用户,我计划在周五时暂停新用户的创建,直到项目成熟。

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +10 维基拼图 +5 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 10 + 5

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-6-17 21:49:42 | 显示全部楼层
不知道这个研究成果公开么?如果公开,我就去算,感觉这个项目还是很有潜力在我有生之年给我带来实际利益的~,不过我不想帮助了这个项目到头来还要花很多钱才能享受这个项目的实惠
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-6-18 09:46:33 | 显示全部楼层
http://www.hydrogenathome.org/forum_thread.php?id=26

Good question. This project relies on data obtained from public domain, open source programming and volunteer computation power. Thus it does not seem proper for results of this project to be private. As long as I am in charge of this project, I will make it a priority to keep all results from it in the public domain.

Further, any claim to intellectual property over an enzyme discovered is futile, considering the source of the data is public domain and to my knowledge it is not possible to patent natural biological molecules such as proteins. However, for the biotech entrepreneur out there, it is certainly possible to get a patent if you mutate an existing protein to optimize it's efficacy.

Another question, once a discovery is made, how does it get developed into a technology? If this project were part of a research institution, discoveries would go through a tech transfer office. Collaborations would be made with Industry. A discovery with this project may lead to some collaboration or start-up as a non-profit research institute to promote the technology.

I should elaborate on this a little because it can be a touchy issue. I intend on public domain for any discoveries. I have learned a bit about intellectual property through graduate work, and I have mixed feeling about it. IP is an instrument of making money that sometimes blocks technology developement. Making money is okay for helping you provide the essentials in life: food, wine, beer, and other alcholic beverages. But when IP is used to make one individual wealthier than several African Nations, it gives me pause. I don't want to start a debate on this issue, because I understand both arguements.

Here is the thing, I am not here to make a political or policy statement. This project needs to be inclusive. I want to concentrate on the science. Test a Hypothesis. There is a chance I am working on a discovery that will rid the world from its dependence on fosil fuels. But I don't want to make any promises. Science is exploration and sometimes you can navigate into dead-ends.

Eventually Hydrogen@Home should have a mission statement. I'm not there yet, I am going nuts trying to figure out how to get the nuts and bults working. When I get to writting a mission statement, it will be a long teadious process, becuase it needs to take into consideration many people's thoughts and concerns. If I had to make a mission statement right now, it would be:

To make the world a better place.

Even that could be controversial.

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +10 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 10

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-6-19 21:32:39 | 显示全部楼层
这样还不错,有信心了~
回头正式版开始了就加入,期待着有一天自己的一些事物残渣和排泄物什么的能够转化为氢气。也许自己的这点残渣不够产生足够的氢气用来开车,但是用来吹气球玩玩也是不错的
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-6-20 00:50:45 | 显示全部楼层
好像也只是负责人的一种观点,也许换个负责人又是另一种看法了。不过,这个项目还是有足够的吸引力的,快点成熟吧……
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-6-28 13:17:58 | 显示全部楼层
期待着有一天能够用上用氢燃料电池的手机和笔记本电脑,路边就像卖玻璃瓶可乐一样的卖小号的氢罐,用空的氢罐加点钱换满的。出差的时候就不用带充电器啊什么的一堆线了,直接路边买点电就好了。
现在的电子产品这么些电池、充电器、线实在是很令人不爽!

或者这个项目成熟了,在遥远的未来,可以直接在路边买酒精之类的,通过催化剂转化为氢,氢气在用于燃料电池,燃料电池的体积和重量也许会小一些,毕竟是小分子气体。这样的话也不用买高压的氢气钢瓶那么危险了,只要塑料瓶小瓶小瓶的酒精什么的就可以了~

持续跟踪关注期待ing
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-6-28 16:19:59 | 显示全部楼层
这个有意义
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-7-13 09:18:46 | 显示全部楼层

Jul 12, 2008 Status Update

The phase I of the project has been completed. A couple of days ago we reached the level of 100 billion neurons simulated. We would like to thank all the participants involved for their patience and effort. We continue with the development of neuronal applications. The total number of processors (i.e. CPU's) for all machines is 12423.
We added the 100 Billion and Reverse Engineering the Brain images in Learning Center, along with a couple of new books.

We will upgrade the database server on the week starting July 14, in order to be able to cope with the increased number of machines. For a short time the database will be down, while some portions of the web site will continue to work.

项目的第一阶段已经完成!(感谢所有用户的参与,然后是一些数据统计)

因为用户越来越多,7月14日开始更新数据库服务器,会有短暂停机。

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +12 维基拼图 +6 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 12 + 6

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 新注册用户

本版积分规则

论坛官方淘宝店开业啦~
欢迎大家多多支持基金会~

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|中国分布式计算总站 ( 沪ICP备05042587号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 01:38