新注册用户
搜索
楼主: vmzy

[项目新闻] Drug Design & Optimization Lab (D2OL) [已结束]

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2006-12-4 13:52:34 | 显示全部楼层
December 03, 2006
December Project Status

Just a quick project status update as we head into the December holidays.

November 2006
============
We continued to discuss requirements for client updates in 2007, and soon we’ll have some concrete plans for moving forward.

As you may have noticed, our forums have also run into the dreaded spam cycle, and some of the flotsam posted was a bit unsavory. I apologize for this material appearing here, even briefly, but we have taken steps to alleviate the problem. In particular, new registrations now go into an approval queue, and a personal e-mail exchange with me is required before the registration is accepted. We may be able to change this process at some point, but we’re currently getting a lot of undesirable registrations in the queue. I’ll keep you updated.

Upcoming
========
In the next couple of weeks or so, I’m going to post some information on a preliminary release schedule, with projected features and fixtures. We can continue to discuss and debate, but it’ll give us a baseline from which to launch our efforts.

I also plan to get back to the Jboss server upgrades soon, in an attempt to further stabilize our environment.

2006年12月3日
12月项目现状

马上就要到12月大假了,更新一下项目现状。

2006年11月
============
我们继续讨论将于2007年更新的客户端的需求分析,不久我们就会实施一些具体的计划。

你可能已经注意到,我们论坛遭遇恶意灌水,有很多垃圾内容。我很抱歉在这里出现这种内容,简单的说,我们已经采取措施减少它的影响。尤其是,现在采用了新的注册排队机制,并且通过注册前必须通过个人电子邮件与我进行交流。我们也许能通过这样,改变当前的一些状况。但目前我们的注册队列里有越来越多的恶意注册者。有新的消息我会通知你的。

接下来
========
在未来的数周里,我要公布一些有关项目功能和修缮的初步时间表。具体细节我们可以继续讨论和辩论,但它给我们工作的开展加上一个底线。

我还打算回去给服务器的JBoss进行升级,以便进一步提高系统环境的稳定性。

译者注:强烈BS在这种公益性论坛恶意灌水的无聊人士。

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +30 维基拼图 +15 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 30 + 15

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-1-8 14:19:08 | 显示全部楼层
January 07, 2007
January Project Status

Happy New Year everyone! Welcome to the first project status update of 2007.

December 2006
=============
As I mentioned in last month's update, The Rothberg Institute was invaded by spammers November and December, and the forums were hit especially hard. We initially locked down the forums to require interaction with the administrators for any new registration to be completed. I've since implemented software changes that require a human to register an account and denies access to the various bots, without administrator involvement.

With your input, December also saw us lay out our preliminary release schedule for D2OL client changes in 2007. For more information, see the discussion topic here.

You may have also noticed that some of the old targets are being assigned with new drug candidates. The previous tasks are still available, so you'll be seeing a mix of three targets in all.

Upcoming
========
The major project activity over the first half of 2007 will be getting new versions of the client implemented and released. It should be a fun process, and when we're done, we'll have the ability to make more frequent changes if the need arises. This has been the case with the server side software, and I'm sure the same will hold true with the client.

Upgrades to the remaining Jboss servers remain another priority for 2007.

As always, your questions and comments are welcomed.

2007年1月7日
一月项目现状

新年好! 欢迎2007年第一个项目现状更新.

2006年12月
=============
正如我在上个月的更新中所说的,rothberg研究所在十一月和十二月被垃圾邮件攻击,而论坛受影响最大。开始我们限制了论坛注册,需要与管理员交流才能完成注册。后来我修改了注册软件,以防止各种“机器人”注册,无需管理员介入。

有你的帮助,12月我们也看到2007年新d2ol客户端修改的初步发布时间表。详见论坛帖子。

你可能也注意到,一些老对象正在针对新候选药物进行计算。以前的任务仍可用,所以你会看到总共三种计算对象。

接着
========
2007年上半年的主要项目活动将会是新版本客户端的实现和发布。它应该是一个有趣的过程,若有需要,我们可以边做边改进。服务器端和客户端软件都将不断改进。

2007年的另一件大事是升级其余的JBoss服务器。

一如既往,欢迎大家提问和评论。

评分

霊烏路 空 + 30 + 15

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-1-19 16:45:18 | 显示全部楼层
2006年1月18日

We had some disk-space issues, which is why the stats for today haven't shown up. They'll go in this weekend.
我们遇到了一些硬盘空间的问题,所以今天的统计没有出现。它们将会在这个周末恢复。

译者注:我还以为我上传的20几个包通通被拒绝,伤心不已。不过现在似乎已经好了呢。

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +10 维基拼图 +5 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 10 + 5

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-2-12 11:01:17 | 显示全部楼层
February 11, 2007
February Project Status

The Groundhog has come and gone, so it's time for our February project status update.

January 2007
=============
During January, I began working on the task of building new releases for the client for 2007. There has been a lot of overhead involved in this, including source code control issues, establishing a build process, and Java versioning issues. Most of these have been resolved, and I'm now working on installation tools for distributing our first beta version of the client for this year. If all goes well, we'll be testing some time in March.

Upcoming
========
Client update activities will continue to dominate my time over the next few months, first in creating a stable release environment and later in adding the features we have talked about in the past. Thanks for your input so far, and rest assured that I'll be relying more heavily on the community as we move into beta testing and beyond.

Another immediate activity for the project is the upgrading of our Java versions to handle expanded Daylight Savings Time here in the U.S. That update will happen over the next month or so.

2007年2月11日
2月项目总结

圣烛节(2月2日)已经过去了,是我们更新二月项目总结的时间了。

2007年1月
=============
在一月。我就开始了将于2007年发布的新版客户端的编程任务。有不少人参与这个工作,包括源代码控制问题,建立编程计划和Java版本问题。其中大部分已得到解决,而我现在正编写今年首发的供用户β测试的安装包。若一切顺利,会在三月进行测试。

接下来
========
后几个月里我会把主要精力放在最新客户端的工作上。第一,创造一个稳定的内核,稍后加入我们之前讲过的新功能。谢谢您到目前为止的贡献,放心,进入β测试以后我会注意论坛里的反馈的。

项目的另一个工作是更新的Java语言版本以解决07年美国新颁布的Daylight Savings Time法令问题,会在下个月进行更新。

评分

霊烏路 空 + 30 + 15

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2007-2-28 23:36:13 | 显示全部楼层
Greetings all,

I am still working out some kinks in the overall installation process we're going to use for the client releases this year, but I'd like to go ahead and start beta testing the 2007.1 client. As you'll recall, this version is basically just a rebuild of what you have now, with no functionality changes. We will be testing to verify that the build process is working OK. As such, need just a handful of testers at this point.

Because the installation scheme is not completely hammered out, you'll need to a do a couple of file copies to get the beta client running, but it should take you less than 10 minutes. If you're interested in helping out with this effort, send me a PM, and I'll get you going.

Thanks,
Adam

大意是:2007.1这个测试版本已经完成了,但是安装程序仍然没有完成,如果你有兴趣使用的话,可以在论坛里PM给Adam Hughes,不过必须要拷贝一些档案来使用这个测试版,但是这个过程会小于10分钟。

这个版本只是你现在所有的的一个重新编译的版本罢了~这次的测试是要测试这个版本是不是无错的,需要有经验的测试者来进行测试。

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +20 维基拼图 +10 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 20 + 10

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-3-11 21:30:25 | 显示全部楼层
March 10, 2007 08:40 PM
March Project Status

A brief update on project happenings for this month.

February 2007
=============
During February, I continued working on the task of building new releases of the client for 2007. I'm still working on the installers for the various operating systems to complete release 2007.1, but thanks to several hearty volunteers, we are well into beta testing the first new build.

Also during February, all of your enterprise serverse received Java upgrades to coincide with the expanded Daylight Savings Time here in the U.S, which begins March 11.

Upcoming
========
Client update activities will continue to dominate my time over the next few months, first in creating a stable release environment and later in adding the features we have talked about in the past. Thanks for your continued participation!

As always, your questions and comments are welcomed.

2007年3月11日
三月项目消息

本月项目消息简述

2007年2月
=============
二月份,我仍然在忙于编写新的2007版客户端的工作。我在编写用于不同操作系统的安装程序以尽早完成2007.1版客户端。幸得几位志愿者帮忙,我们即将对新的客户端进行β测试。

同时在二月,使用客户端的java都进行了升级,以适应3月11日开始的,expanded Daylight Savings Time法令。

接下来
=============
今后几个月内我将继续忙于最新客户端的编写活动。首先,创造一个稳定的环境,然后加入我们前面讲过的功能。感谢您继续参与!

一如往常,欢迎大家提问和评论。

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +20 维基拼图 +10 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 20 + 10

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-4-8 21:17:43 | 显示全部楼层
April 07, 2007
April Project Status

March 2007
=============
During March, we continued to beta test the 2007.1 version of the D2OL client, and we've run into very few problems. This is not surprising, considering that no functionality changes were included, but it still gives us a good base from which to release future work. The updated Windows installer has also been released into beta test, and I'm now working on installers for other platforms.

Upcoming
========
Client update activities will continue to take priority over other activities over the next few months so that we can get the features we have talked about in the past into your hands. Thanks again for your continued participation!

Also coming in late April or early May, The Rothberg Institute will be changing ISP providers, which unfortunately means new IP addresses for all of the project servers. We're working hard to ensure that this has no impact on our crunching communities, but I wanted to make sure that you all know the change is coming. There should be nothing different that you have to do because of this change, and I'll keep you updated as we progress.

大意:
项目简报

3月
继续测试2007.1版D2OL客户端,windows版安装程序已经做好了,正在做其它平台的安装程序。

接下来
继续搞客户端升级。

这月底或下月初,我们会换服务器。届时希望不会出什么问题。

评分

霊烏路 空 + 10 + 5

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-5-7 22:08:55 | 显示全部楼层
May 06, 2007
May Project Status

April 2007
=============
During April, we continued to beta test the 2007.1 version of the D2OL client, as well as updated versions of the software installers. Work continued on devloepment for the next beta release, which will move task expiration from the server to the client.

Upcoming
========
Client update activities will continue to take priority over other activities during the next few months so that we can get the features we have talked about in the past into your hands. I hope to have the beta version of 2007.2 in testers' hands later this month or in June.

The ISP provider change I mentioned last month has been postponed, and we now anticipate this happening in late May or early June. As always, I'll keep you updated as we progress.

大意:
5月项目消息

2007年4月
继续测试2007.1版D2OL,并改进安装程序。现在开始开发下一版本,将在客户端内加入任务过期功能。

接下来
继续新客户端开发。希望在5月底6月初开发出2007.2版。

之前说过的更换ISP将延期,可能在5月底6月初进行。

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +16 维基拼图 +8 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 16 + 8

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-6-11 10:32:05 | 显示全部楼层
June 10, 2007
June Project Status

Client update activities will continue to take priority over other activities over the next few months so that we can get the features we have talked about in the past into your hands. In particular, the beta version of release 2007.2 will be available within a week or so. This is the release that introduces task expiration logic to the the client side. In addition, this release will include support for Java 6 on Windows Vista. Thanks again for your continued participation!

大意:
接下来几个月的首要任务就是开发新版本。一周内会发布2007.2测试版。主要在客户端上加入了任务过期功能,为了兼容Vista,java版本升级到6。

评分

霊烏路 空 + 10 + 5

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-6-24 21:28:49 | 显示全部楼层
June 23, 2007
ISP Changes
Just a quick status update on the ISP changes that were announced a few months ago. The changes will be going into effect over the next week or so. This switchover should be fairly transparent to you, but there is always the possibility of a couple of server hiccups. I'll keep you updated as the week progresses.
大意:
几个月前说过我们要更换ISP。接下来的几周服务器都会受到影响。一有新的消息我会及时通知大家。

评分

霊烏路 空 + 10 + 5

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-7-16 10:34:06 | 显示全部楼层
July 15, 2007
July Project Status

June 2007
=============
In June, the 2007.2 beta version of the D2OL client was released to testers. This version contains client-side logic to handle task expiration and allows users more control over when their tasks expire. Thus, the expiration period can be set to more closely align with your node's performance.

Also during June, the swithcover to a new ISP was completed, with little disruption to the project. Unfortunately, we also experienced a few more power outages, which did impact the project, but we continue to strive for quick recovery from such situations.

Upcoming
========
Client update activities will continue to take priority over other activities during the next few months so that we can get the features we have talked about in the past into your hands. Next up is work on multiprocessor support. As always, your input is welcomed, and I'll keep you updated as we roll along in the second half of 2007.

大意:
7月项目信息

2007年6月
=============
6月发布了2007.2公测版D2OL客户端。加强了客户端对过期任务的控制能力。

6月,我们还更换了ISP,其间导致了项目的中断。

接下来
=============
继续更新、开发客户端。加入对多核处理器的支持。

评分

霊烏路 空 + 16 + 8

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-8-13 14:18:04 | 显示全部楼层
August 12, 2007
August Project Status

July 2007
=============
In July, we continued testing 2007.2 beta version of the D2OL client. So far, one minor display issue has been uncovered and will be
resolved in upcoming beta versions. We'll continue to let the testers bang on this version for a while longer.

In late July, the Member Services server began experiencing hardware problems. Charles has since spent many hours in an effort to
stabilize the environment, and things seem to be running much more smoothly at the moment. We continue to monitor the situation and
make plans for a permanent solution.

Upcoming
========
Client update activities will continue to take priority over other activities over the next few months so that we can get the
features we have talked about in the past into your hands. Next up is work on multiprocessor support. As always, your input
is welcomed, and I'll keep you updated as we roll along in the second half of 2007.

We will also be evaluating our hardware needs in 2008 and beyond so that we can improve the availability of all project services.

Thanks,
Adam
大意:
8月项目简报

2007年7月
=============
7月,继续测试D2OL 2007.2 beta版客户端。发现界面有一些小BUG,在即将发布的新版客户端中将予以修正。

7月底,Member Services服务器硬件出了问题。现在貌似正常了。

接下来
========
接下来几个月继续开发新版客户端。下一步重点是多处理器的支持。如果您有意见尽管提。

我们将进行2008年的硬件采购进行计划。以大幅提高服务器的稳定性。

评分

霊烏路 空 + 16 + 8

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-9-16 22:17:15 | 显示全部楼层
September 15, 2007
September Project Status

August 2007
=============
In August, we continued testing 2007.2 beta version of the D2OL client while work progressed on development
for the 2007.3 beta version. Also in August, we spent more time stabilizing the Member Services environment after some problems in
late July.

Upcoming
========
Client update activities will continue to take priority over other activities over the next few months so that we can get the
features we have talked about in the past into your hands. Hopefully, 2007.3 beta will be ready within a few weeks, and we can spend
the last quarter of 2007 polishing the changes that have been made to the client this year.

As always your input is welcomed.
大意
项目信息

8月,继续测试2007.2版客户端,编写2007.3版客户端。7月低Member Services出了问题,花了点时间搞它。

接下来,继续开发客户端,争取在几周内发布2007.3。

评分

霊烏路 空 + 10 + 5

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-10-15 13:38:03 | 显示全部楼层
October 14, 2007
October Project Status

September 2007
==============
In September, most of the coding for the first multiprocessor version of the D2OL client was finished, and we've been subjecting itto rigorous system testing before releasing it as a beta version. Some problems have been uncovered and resolved, and we continue to test and refine. Also, I have been working with Charles to define a standalone beta test environment where we can upload results specific to this version. Charles has made a lot of progress toward this end and continues to work on setting up the physical environment for us.

Upcoming
========
Client update activities will continue to take priority over other activities over the next few months so that we can get the features we have talked about in the past into your hands. We will continue to work on the client and beta environment so that our beta testers can have the multiprocessor version as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Adam

大意:
项目信息

9月
开始内测,多核版客户端。并开始搭建相应的服务器环境。

接下来
继续开发客户端,争取早日发布多核版客户端。

评分

霊烏路 空 + 10 + 5

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2007-11-11 21:25:20 | 显示全部楼层
multiprocessor version of the client. In addition, Charles recently
finished setting up a test machine for us to use during beta testing as our server environment. We're working to get this
"sandbox" functional, and then we can proceed with beta testing.

Upcoming
========
Client update activities will continue to take priority over other activities during the next few months so that we can get the
features we have talked about in the past into your hands. We should have the 2007.3 version of the client in beta test soon.

大意:
项目信息

10月:对多核版进行了详尽的测试,已经搭建好测试环境,随时准备开始公测。

接下来:很快发布2007.3测试版。

评分

霊烏路 空 + 10 + 5

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 新注册用户

本版积分规则

论坛官方淘宝店开业啦~
欢迎大家多多支持基金会~

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|中国分布式计算总站 ( 沪ICP备05042587号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 07:53