找回密码
 新注册用户
搜索
查看: 5412|回复: 4

[新闻] A year-end update from SETI@home

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-12-11 19:12:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
今天收到的邮件。。
Dear SETI@home volunteer, I'm Dan Werthimer, the Chief Scientist of the SETI@home project.
You've been identified as one of our most active volunteers, and I'd like totake this opportunity to thank you for your efforts this past year. I also wantto preview our plans for 2010, and ask for your financialsupport.
SETI@home is a unique global collaborative project that uses spare cycles onpersonal computers to help search for signals of extraterrestrial origin. Ourvision to embark on this grand search is over ten years old, and continues toengage volunteers such as you from all over the world.
In order to improve SETI@home in 2010 and accomplish our scientific goals, weare reaching out to our loyal volunteers for financial support, as thisventure is largely funded by individual donations.
Our goals for 2010 include:
  • Deploy and refine the Near-Time Persistency Checker (NTPCkr) which makesSETI@home more efficient in identifying candidate signals.
  • Develop a web based system that will allow volunteers to view, as well ashelp in the ranking of, candidate signals.
  • Expand the frequency coverage of our search beyond the current 2.5MHzband.
  • Improve how we identify and reject Earth-generated radio frequencyinterference (RFI).
With your financial support we can accomplish all these goals in 2010. Wewould greatly appreciate any donation amount you can afford, and your gift istax-deductible. Thanks again for your time and dedication to SETI@home. Your effort anddonations are what make this venture possible.
Sincerely,

Dan Werthimer
SETI@home Chief Scientist
Space Science Laboratory
University of California, Berkeley

PS:  if you'd like to donate via check or wire transfer, please see instructions here.

[ 本帖最后由 ledled 于 2009-12-11 19:14 编辑 ]
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-12-11 23:12:31 | 显示全部楼层
SETI@home 是不是应该成立个鸡精会。。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-12-12 11:35:33 | 显示全部楼层
可算是看见正文了
我的邮件直接被网易邮箱归为病毒了,未经我许可就直接删了.....
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-12-12 13:11:06 | 显示全部楼层
我也收到了,hotmail归类为“垃圾邮件”
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 新注册用户

本版积分规则

论坛官方淘宝店开业啦~

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|中国分布式计算总站 ( 沪ICP备05042587号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-24 08:04