找回密码
 新注册用户
搜索
查看: 8793|回复: 12

[已完成翻译] 开始翻译 WCG 官方帮助页面,Getting Started 部分

[复制链接]
发表于 2005-12-3 13:08:28 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
由于 WCG 的官方网站的架构过于繁复,所以我们准备分部分翻译,先翻译最紧要的帮助部分,在 http://fans.equn.com/dingcong/wcg/help.htm 页面可以看到帮助文档分为 3 部分,我们先从最左边开始,这些页面在表格上依然存在一点小问题,但是不影响阅读和翻译。

以下是 Getting Started 部分的帮助页面,其他两部分的尚未转换,敬请关注!

Getting Started                                      (感谢 starwarcat 帮助翻译!)
  Installing the Windows Agent
  Registration                                           (感谢 结庐云间 帮助翻译!)
  Installing the Linux Agent
  System Requirements                           (感谢 碧城仙 帮助翻译!)
  Member Profile                                     (感谢 szxyw 帮助翻译!)
  Device Manager
  Network Connection & Settings            (感谢 youyancao 帮助翻译!)
  Connecting to the Server                          (感谢 youyancao 帮助翻译!)
  Firewalls                                               (感谢 youyancao 帮助翻译!)
  Proxy Settings                                         (感谢 fwjmath 帮助翻译!)
  Running the Agent
  Running the Windows Agent
  Running the Linux Agent
  Screen Saver                                            (感谢 碧城仙 帮助翻译!)
  Other Similar Agents                                (感谢 碧城仙 帮助翻译!)
  BOINC

有愿意翻译的朋友,我们老规矩,大家可以先回帖说明自己愿意翻译的页面地址,等翻译好后再编辑该帖子,把文字内容发上来,谢谢!

请注意:对不起大家了,要不是 QQ 群上的朋友们帮忙指出了,我还没发现呢,只要翻译有 符号的页面就可以了,该符号下面的页面内容在该符号对应的页面里都有的.....
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-12-3 13:39:18 | 显示全部楼层

Getting Started

http://fans.equn.com/dingcong/wcg/help_start.htm

How can I install the World Community Grid Software on Windows 95?
Windows 95 is no longer supported by Microsoft, therefore we do not offer an installer for that platform.

如何在Windows95下安装 World Community Grid ?
微软已经不再维护 Windows 95系统了,因此我们不提供在此平台下的安装程序。

How much hard drive space does the agent and the Human Proteome Folding project take on my machine?
The agent and all of the files it will need for the Human Proteome Folding project will take less than 30MB.

客户端程序和Human Proteome Folding计划会占用电脑多大的硬盘空间 ?
客户端程序和Human Proteome Folding计划所需要的所有文件只会占用不到30MB的硬盘空间。

Can I install as a service?
Here are the instructions.

我能将电脑设置成服务器吗?
请看这里的说明

I'm having trouble downloading the software
Perhaps your Internet Explorer is configured to block installing downloads. Within Internet Explorer, click on Tools-> Internet Options -> Security -> Custom Level -> Downloads. Check to see that File downloads are enabled. There might be other settings which need to be enabled such as the ability to execute Javascript. See if this helps.

我无法下载软件,怎么办?
可能你的浏览器设置成了禁止下载。打开IE浏览器,点击 工具->Internet选项_>安全->自定义级别->下载。 检查 文件下载项是否设置成启用。同时,可能存在其他选项需要设置成启用,例如允许Java脚本。看看上诉能否帮助你。

If I re-install the software, will the work that I am doing be lost forever?
No. A variety of activities can prevent the return of results, even during normal computer usage. World Community Grid anticipated this possibility, and send out multiple copies of each work unit to increase the probability of receiving a result, as well as for result validation

如果重新安装了客户端,我以前的计算的数据会永久性丢失吗?
不会的。 计算机上的各种操作都有可能使计算结果不能上传, 甚至一些普通的操作都会如此.  World Community Grid 考虑到这种可能性,然后会将每个工作单元多次发送,以确保能接受到计算结果。结果的确认也是如此。

Is there a recommended procedure for replicating an install across a network?
Yes. You can replicate your install to various machines, however you must replicate the install before logging in for the first time. The server identifies each machine individually, and the identity is created during the initial login. After replicating the install, log into the software on each machine. Replication an installed image may cause errors in your statistics, preferences, and more.

在互连网上传播这个安装程序是否合法?
是的。你可以将安装程序复制到任何机器上,然而,但是您必须在第一次登陆前复制安装程序。服务器会辨别每一台机器的身份,这个身份是在最初的登陆中产生的。当你复制了安装程序以后,在每台机器上都要通过软件进行登陆。如果直接将已安装的程序镜像复制到其他电脑上,会使你的统计成绩产生错误。

How do I uninstall the World Community Grid Software?
Minimize the agent window. Then right click on its icon in the lower right and select "Exit". This will stop the agent. Then you should be able to use Add/Remove programs in the control panel to remove it. If that does not work, use the task manager to stop the processes called UD... and WCGrid_... Then you should be able to delete the C:\Program Files\WorldCommunityGrid directory and its contents. After that remove the corresponding start menu items.

怎样卸载World Community Grid Software?
首先,最小化客户端窗口。然后在右下脚右击它的图标,选择“Exit”。这样就关闭了客户端程序。然后你可以通过控制面板的 添加/卸载 程序 来卸载它 。如果不行,利用task manger 软件来停止 UD..和 WCGrid...进程。 然后删除 C:\Program Files\WorldCommunityGrid directory 和它里面的内容。最后,删除开始菜单中相应的按钮就可以了。

Is there an easy way to install the grid agent to multiple devices?
At this point in time, there is not a network tool which will accomplish loading the agent on multiple PCs. The grid agent has to be installed on each PC manually. However, there are some time/labor saving tricks you can employ. The install on each PC requires that the person doing the install has to go through a short registration process. The registration process includes the download of the software and then filling in a registration pop-up which registers the PC to World Community Grid. The registration process includes entering a unique member name, a password (entered twice), and an email address. The password is associated with the member name and is used to sign in to the website. The email address is required for password recovery. Here are some time-saving recommendations when doing multiple device installs:
1  Put the grid software, the software that's downloaded, onto a disk and then load it onto each PC from the disk. This will save the download time and you can have multiple people perform the installs simultaneously.
2  In advance of multiple installations, select a member name to whom ALL devices will assigned to. Then you only have to go through the full registration once. On subsequent devices installations, when you register the device, you can select the check-box: "Click here if you are an existing member" on the Grid Agent Registration pop-up. Then all that has to be entered is the member name and the password. It will save you from having to enter in the password twice and also you do not have to enter the email address. More importantly, you don't have to create a unique member name for each device.

有没有将客户端安装到多台机器上的简便方法?
目前为止,尚没有一款网络工具能将客户端软件复制到多台个人电脑上。要将客户端程序安装到没台电脑上只能通过人手操作。不过这里有一些省时省力的技巧可供你参考。在电脑上的安装客户端需要用户进行一个简单的登陆。登陆的过程包括软件的下载和填写一个注册对话框来将电脑注册到World Community Grid上。密码和注册名是互相关联并可用来在网站上登陆。电子邮箱地址可以用来取回密码。以下是一些如何在多台电脑上安装客户端时更省时的建议:
1  将安装程序拷贝到一张碟上,然后用碟子将安装程序直接拷贝到其他电脑上。这样可以节省下载所需的时间而且你可以叫多人同时进行安装工作。
2  在安装之前,首先注册一个用户名,并保证在其他要安装的电脑上都使用此用户名。然后,你只需要进行一次完整的注册。在其他电脑上的安装要登陆时,只需在客户端的登陆对话框中选择“Click here if you are an existing member”,那么只需要输入你的用户名和密码就可以完成登陆了。这样可以节省你输入两次密码的的时间,而且你也不需要输入电子邮箱地址了。最重要的是,你不用为每一台电脑都注册一个用户名。

I have been a member for a while but need to re-install the software because I have a new PC. How do I do that?
For existing members, downloading the software is the same a for new members. The only difference is on the registration page. When you register, you indicate that you are an existing member and the information requested on the registration page will change.

我已经注册成会员一段时间了。但是,由于我买了新的电脑而需要重新安装客户端,我该怎么做?
如果你已经注册为会员,你只需要重新下载客户端程序就可以了。对于新的用户,唯一不同的只是注册注册页面。当你进行注册时,你只需说明你是已注册会员,注册页上所要求填写的信息将会改变。

How can I view the full registration screen to register my software?
The software requires an 1024x768 screen to operate. Your current settings either have the screen resolution set lower than 1024x768, or at 1024x768 but with large fonts enabled. Please shut down the registration by holding down the CTRL and ALT keys on the keyboard, and clicking the DEL key once; then highlight the software Registration entry and click on Close Program/End Task. Raise the resolution by right clicking on the desktop and clicking on Properties, then click on the Settings tab and raise the resolution to at lease 1024x768. Click on OK to exit the Display Properties window and save the new settings. To restart the registration, click on your Start button, point to Programs, then point to World Community Grid and click on World Community Grid Software. You should then be able to complete the registration.

怎样才能在注册时看到整个注册页面?
客户端需要运行在1024x768的分辨率上。你当前的设置或者屏幕分辨率可能没有达到1024x768,或者是分辨率达到了1024x768但是设置了大字体。按下ctrl+alt 然后按Del键一次打开Windows 任务管理器选中软件注册条目,然后单击结束任务。接着在桌面上单击鼠标右键,选择属性,单击设置项,然后将分辨率调到至少1024x768。点击确认,退出设置窗口。然后,打开开始菜单,找到World Community Grid 并单击启动World Community Grid 客户端。然后你应该可以看到完整的注册页面了。

Can I choose my member name?
Yes. Although the software automatically fills in the Member Name text box with your Windows log in, this is only a suggestion. You can modify the text box with a name more to your liking.

我可以选择我的用户名吗?
是的。虽然软件会自动填写注册框的用户名项,不过这只是一个参考。你可以你可以将它修改为任何你喜欢的名字。

During registration, I received the following message: "The user name or password that you have provided does not match the one in our records." What does that mean?
This is a limitation of the software and the vendor has it on their list to change in the future. It means that the member name that you have entered already exists on World Community Grid and that you need to try a different member name. (Essentially, you are trying to log in with someone else's user name, but that user's password is not the same as the one you put in)

在注册时,我收到了以下信息:“你所提供的用户名或密码不符。”这是什么意思?
这是软件设计上的一个限制。主持方将在不久的将来修改这一限制。意思是你输入的用户名已经存在,你需要使用其他用户名。(其实,是你正在用另外一个用户的用户名登陆,不过他的密码和你输入的不同。)

[ Last edited by starwarcat on 2005-12-4 at 00:18 ]

评分

参与人数 2基本分 +90 维基拼图 +70 收起 理由
BiscuiT + 90 + 35
霊烏路 空 + 35

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-12-3 13:39:26 | 显示全部楼层

Network Connection & Settings

http://fans.equn.com/dingcong/wcg/help_netconn.htm
我自己觉得有问题的翻译已经用红色标记,请大家指正!
已完成

——————————————————————————————————————————————
Network Connection & Settings

网络连接与设置

* Is the agent continuously connected to the internet?
    * How do I set the software to close the internet connection after downloading a work unit?
    * Port Scans
    * What ports do I have to open on my firewall to let the software connect to the server?
    * Anti-spy programs and pop-up blockers
    * How will it affect the telecommuting (VPN) community?
    * Does the Agent work with Zone Labs and how do I configure the Firewall?
    * Why does my firewall (I use Zone Labs) keep asking me if I want to contact World Community Grid. Isn't it safe?
    * Why isn't the software using proxy settings that were entered automatically?
    * How can I determine my proxy settings?
    * How do I enter my proxy information?
    * Can I change proxy settings that were loaded during the installation process?
    * How do I tell the software to use my user information for the proxy server?

*客户端程序需要长时间地连接网络吗?
    *我如何让程序在下载完一个数据包时关闭网络连接?
    *关于端口扫描
    *我要在防火墙中为这个程序连接网络打开什么端口?
    *关于反间谍软件与弹出窗口屏蔽软件
    *它会影响到虚拟专用网(VPN)吗?
    *客户端程序能和Zone Labs一起运行吗?我应该对Zone Labs如何设置?
    *为什么我的防火墙(我使用的是Zone Labs)一直询问我是否需要连接到 World Community Grid?客户端程序不是安全的吗?
    *为什么程序不使用已经自动填写好的代理服务器来连接网络?
    *我该如何检测我使用的代理服务器?
    *我该如何输入我的代理服务器信息?
    *我能修改在安装过程中载入的代理服务器信息吗?
    *我如何使软件在某个代理服务器上使用我的用户信息?

Is the agent continuously connected to the internet?
      No. The agent connects to the internet when it finishes a work unit to upload the results as well as download a new work unit. This should take 2-3 minutes on a broadband connection and 10-15 minutes with a modem.

客户端程序需要长时间地连接网络吗?
      不需要.当完成一个数据包并将其传回服务器,以及下载新的数据包时,客户端程序才会连接到因特网上.这个过程(连接网络)在通过宽带上网时需要2-3分钟,在通过moden上网时需要10-15分钟.

How do I set the software to close the internet connection after downloading a work unit?
      The software does not attempt to control your Internet connection. Establishing and closing the connection is done by the operating system(Windows). If your Internet connection is staying active for an excessive period of time, go to [Start][Settings][Control Panel] and double click on "Internet Options." Click on the [Connections] tab. Highlight the dialup connection being used when the software connects to the Internet and click on [Settings]. Click on [Advanced] and check the "Disconnect when connection may no longer be needed" box.

我如何让程序在下载完一个数据包时关闭网络连接?
      软件并不会尝试控制你的网络连接.网络连接的建立和关闭是由操作系统(windows)完成的.如果你的网络连接是按时间计费的,请点击菜单上[Start][Settings][Control Panel],双击"Internet Options".点击[Connections].选择程序连接到网络时使用的拨号连接并点击[Settings].点击[Advanced]并察看"Disconnect when connection may no longer be needed"是否被选择.

Port Scans
      Some users have noticed, via their software firewall, that trace-route scans apparently coming from IBM domains occur after communicating with the World Community Grid server. These are in fact normal and not someone trying to break into your machine. These are used to measure which of several paths through the Internet give the best communication performance to your machine. The servers are located in a massive hosting center, which regularly optimizes traffic between users and the servers by shifting communications among several Internet providers, depending on the destination and trace-route measurements. You can read more about this.
      关于端口扫描
      有些用户已经通过他们的防火墙软件注意到,在与World Community Grid服务器连接后,出现显然是来自IBM域名的路由器的扫描.这些情况事实上是正常的,并不是有人试图攻击你的电脑.这些扫描操作被用来确保连接你的电脑时,被选择的线路能提供最好的通讯性能.这些服务器被设置在一个大型集群中心里,该中心依据目的地和路由器测定,通过有规律地在几个因特网接入商之间切换通信线路,来优化服务器与用户之间的连接.你可以在这里了解到更多.

What ports do I have to open on my firewall to let the software connect to the server?
      Open ports 80 and 443, outbound.

我要在防火墙中为这个程序连接网络打开什么端口?
      打开端口80和443对外的端口.

Anti-spy programs and pop-up blockers
      There are no pop-ups to block. Any anti-spy program which acts like an outgoing firewall would have to be configured in a manner similar to the Zone Labs settings
      关于反间谍软件与弹出窗口屏蔽软件
      程序中并没有弹出窗口需要屏蔽.任何一个具有限制访问外网、类似防火墙功能的反间谍软件都需要添加与Zone Labs设置相同的通信规则.

How will it affect the telecommuting (VPN) community?
      This should not have any effect. The agent communicates without problems with or without VPN Client Software. Our server site is an external internet address. The bandwidth usage is minimal and equivalent to visiting a few web pages once a week or every few days on more powerful computers.
      它会影响到虚拟专用网(VPN)吗?
      它应该不会有任何影响.客户端软件在有无VPN客户端软件时都能正常地通信.我们的服务器地址是一个对外的因特网地址.客户端程序对网络带宽的使用非常微小,等同于每个星期一次访问很少的网页,或者在某些强大的电脑上等同于每隔几天访问一次很少的网页.

Does the Agent work with Zone Labs and how do I configure the Firewall?
      Yes. The agent initiates only outgoing connections on port 443 to server.worldcommunitygrid.org. This could be preconfigured as a safe zone. Alternatively, the UD.exe executable in the WorldCommunityGrid install directory could be configured to be permitted to perform this communication. However, if and when we update the agent software, it could need to be configured again. Double click on the Zone Labs icon in the system tray at the lower right. Click on "Firewall" at the left. Click on the "Zones" folder tab in the upper right area. Click on "Add >>" in the lower right. Choose "Host/Site". Select "Trusted" for the Zone field. Enter "server.worldcommunitygrid.org" for the Host name field. Enter "World Community Grid" for the Description field. Click the Lookup button. Click OK. Click Apply in the lower right. Then close the window with the X in the upper right.
      客户端程序能和Zone Labs一起运行吗?我应该对Zone Labs如何设置?
      能.客户端程序只发起通过端口443向外访问服务器server.worldcommunitygrid.org的连接.这个情况可以被预先设置,作为一个安全的操作.或者,在WorldCommunityGrid安装目录下的UD.exe程序可以被设置成允许发起该通信.但是,在我们更新了客户端程序之后,需要重新对其进行设置.双击右下角系统托盘上的Zone Labs图标.点击左边的"Firewall".点击右上方的"Zones"菜单.点击右下方的"Add >>".选择"Host/Site".在Zone field中选择区域类型为"Trusted".在Host name中输入"server.worldcommunitygrid.org",在Description中输入"World Community Grid".点击Lookup按钮.点击OK.点击右下角的Apply按钮.接着点击右上角的"X"关闭窗口.

Why does my firewall (I use Zone Labs) keep asking me if I want to contact World Community Grid. Isn't it safe?
      Firewalls, including Zone Labs, are not familiar with World Community Grid.Even though World Community Grid is safe, firewalls are designed to ask you to make the decision. On Zone Labs, just click on "Yes" to continue. You may save yourself some time in the future by optionally check-marking the message "Always allow this program to access the internet" and/or check-marking the message" Remember this answer the next time I use this program."
      为什么我的防火墙(我使用的是Zone Labs)一直询问我是否需要连接到 World Community Grid?客户端程序不是安全的吗?
      防火墙,包括Zone Labs,都对World Community Grid不熟悉.虽然World Community Grid是安全的,防火墙仍被设计成需要询问你以做出决定.在Zone Labs中,只需点击"Yes"即可继续操作.你可以在弹出警告窗口时选择"Always allow this program to access the internet"以及"Remember this answer the next time I use this program"使它下次不再提醒.

Why isn't the software using proxy settings that were entered automatically?
      Although the software automatically fills in the proxy settings from Window's Internet Options during the installation process, it does not use them by default. If the settings are correct, set the software to use the proxy settings.
      为什么程序不使用已经自动填写好的代理服务器来连接网络?
      尽管软件在安装时会自动从Windows的因特网设置中读取代理服务器信息,默认情况下软件并不使用它.如果自动读取的设置是正确的,那么请对程序进行设置使它使用该代理服务器.

How can I determine my proxy settings?
      These settings are available in your Web browser. In Internet Explorer, these are under [Tools][Internet Options...][Connections] then choose either [LAN Settings] or [Settings] for your dial-up options. If "Use Proxy" is checked, click on the [Advanced...] button to see your proxy settings. For more guidance, including how to find your settings if you use Netscape, see World Community Grid Software Help File.
      我该如何检测我使用的代理服务器?
      该操作可以在你的浏览器中完成.在Internet Explorer中,选择[工具][Internet选项][连接],接着根据你自己的拨号设置选择[拨号和虚拟专用网络设置]或[局域网设置].如果"代理服务器"一项已被选择,那么点击[高级..]查看你的代理服务器设置.关于更多的指导(包括如果你使用Netscape,如何找到你的设置),请参阅World Community Grid软件帮助文档.

How do I enter my proxy information?
      Find the button on the Login panel, or if you are adding a proxy once the software is running, open the software's window by double clicking on the icon in the system tray or from the icon in Windows Explorer/the Start Menu. Click on the button with a checkmark to open the proxy settings window. Click on the Proxy button on the login window, select your proxy type from the drop-down menu, and enter the port number and the proxy server's address. If using an "https" proxy, you do not need to enter "http" in the "Proxy Server" box.
      我该如何输入我的代理服务器信息?
      在登录界面找到按钮输入,或者如果你在程序运行时添加代理服务器,双击系统托盘上的图标或者资源管理器/开始菜单中的图标打开软件窗口.点击一个有检查标识的按钮打开代理服务器设置窗口.点击登录窗口中的Proxy按钮,在下拉菜单中选择你的代理服务器类型,接着输入端口号及代理服务器地址.如果使用的是一个"https"代理服务器,你不必在"Proxy Server"框中输入"http".

Can I change proxy settings that were loaded during the installation process?
      Yes. The software will automatically load proxy settings that it detects in Windows, however it will not set itself to use them. These settings can be modified to suit your current needs. Once done, set the software to use the configured proxy settings.
      我能修改在安装过程中载入的代理服务器信息吗?
      能.软件会自动载入Windows中的代理服务器设置,虽然它不会自动使用这些设置.这些设置可以被更改以适应你当前的需要.修改好后,即可使软件应用更改后的代理服务器设置.

How do I tell the software to use my user information for the proxy server?
      Open the software's window by double clicking on the icon in the system tray or from the icon in Windows Explorer/the Start Menu. Click on the checkmark button to pull up the preference/profile screen. Enter this information in the fields provided within the Proxy section.
      我如何使软件在某个代理服务器上使用我的用户信息?
      双击系统托盘上的图标或者资源管理器/开始菜单中的图标打开软件窗口.点击一个有检查标识的按钮,弹出preference/profile界面.在Proxy区域中输入信息。

[ Last edited by youyancao on 2005-12-10 at 18:31 ]

评分

参与人数 2基本分 +100 维基拼图 +80 收起 理由
BiscuiT + 100 + 45
霊烏路 空 + 35

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-12-3 13:41:13 | 显示全部楼层

Registration

翻译页面地址:http://fans.equn.com/dingcong/wcg/help_reg.htm

How can I view the full registration screen to register my software?

我如何才能在屏幕上看到完整的注册界面?

The software requires an 1024x768 screen to operate. Your current settings either have the screen resolution set lower than 1024x768, or at 1024x768 but with large fonts enabled. Please shut down the registration by holding down the CTRL and ALT keys on the keyboard, and clicking the DEL key once; then highlight the software Registration entry and click on Close Program/End Task. Raise the resolution by right clicking on the desktop and clicking on Properties, then click on the Settings tab and raise the resolution to at lease 1024x768. Click on OK to exit the Display Properties window and save the new settings. To restart the registration, click on your Start button, point to Programs, then point to World Community Grid and click on World Community Grid Software. You should then be able to complete the registration.

软件工作在 1024×768 分辨率模式下。您当前的屏幕分辨率设置可能低于 1024×768,或者您在设置 1024×768 模式的同时设置了大字体显示。请您同时按下键盘上的“CTRL”和“ALT”键,然后按一下“Del”键,然后通过“任务管理器”结束本程序对应的进程。然后请在您的屏幕上点击鼠标右键,依次选择“属性”→“设置”,将您的屏幕分辨率调节到 1024×768 或者更高级别。然后点击“确定”保存设置。然后就可以重新进入注册界面了,请依次点击“开始”→“所有程序”→“World Community Grid”→“World Community Grid Software”即可打开客户端程序,您就可以开始注册了。

Can I choose my member name?

我可以选择我的注册用户名吗?

Yes. Although the software automatically fills in the Member Name text box with your Windows log in, this is only a suggestion. You can modify the text box with a name more to your liking.

当然可以。但是请您注意,如果您通过客户端上的按钮链接到官方网站用户登陆页面,您的用户名将自动出现在登陆框中。您可以将它修改成您喜欢的名字。

During registration, I received the following message: "The user name or password that you have provided does not match the one in our records." What does that mean?
This is a limitation of the software and the vendor has it on their list to change in the future. It means that the member name that you have entered already exists on World Community Grid and that you need to try a different member name. (Essentially, you are trying to log in with someone else's user name, but that user's password is not the same as the one you put in)

在注册的过程中,程序提示我“您提供的用户名或者密码与我们原有的记录不匹配。”这是什么意思呢?这是软件根据服务器上已有的名单对注册过程所做的限制。主持方将在不久的将来修改这一软件设计上的限制。它意味着您注册时输入的用户名在服务器上已经存在并且您需要重新输入一个新的名字来尝试注册。(实际上,是软件认为您想取得一位参与者的信息,而您输入的密码和该参与者的不相同。)

评分

参与人数 2基本分 +50 维基拼图 +35 收起 理由
BiscuiT + 50 + 15
霊烏路 空 + 20

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2005-12-3 14:36:17 | 显示全部楼层

Other Similar Agents

翻译页面地址:http://fans.equn.com/dingcong/wcg/help_otheragent.htm

I am running SETI@home on my computer? Will I be able to run both SETI@home and World Community Grid?  

我在参加 SETI@home 项目,我可以同时运行 SETI@home 和 World Community Grid 两个程序吗?

Yes and no. Any non-grid.org agent, such as SETI@home, will be able to continue to run on your computer after you download and install the World Community Grid agent. However, while you can run both clients at the same time, SETI@home runs at a higher priority than the World Community Grid agent, so SETI@home will receive all the extra available CPU cycles and will starve the World Community Grid agent. Because of this, you should only run one or the other at any given time.

无所谓。任何一个不使用 grid.org 核心计算程序的项目,例如 SETI@home,都可以在您下载并安装了 World Community Grid 软件后继续运行。但是,虽然您可以同时运行两个客户端程序,但是 SETI@home 拥有比 World Community Grid 客户端更高的优先级,因此 SETI@home 将获得所有可用的 CPU 资源,而 World Community Grid 客户端则将处于饥饿状态。籍于这个原因,我们建议您在任何时刻最好只运行其中一个程序。

评分

参与人数 1维基拼图 +10 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 10

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-12-3 15:01:11 | 显示全部楼层
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2005-12-3 15:10:03 | 显示全部楼层

Screen Saver

翻译页面地址:http://fans.equn.com/dingcong/wcg/help_screensav.htm

Can you explain the screen saver?
1. The screen saver shows a snapshot of the molecule during the folding process and then shows it for a minute +- some period of time. When it looks stringy, it means the snapshot was taken near the beginning of a folding iteration while it was not yet highly folded. 1b. Each work unit works on one particular gene sequence and therefore one protein. It folds the protein many times, each time using a different random number seed so that many subtle alternatives are tried during the folding process. The results of all of the foldings that your computer processed are combined with those computed by many other computers. This gives a sufficiently large statistical sample to produce useful final results. 2. The rotation is just to give you an idea of the 3-dimensional shape of the protein taken at the time of the snapshot. Showing the live folding process would consume far more CPU time than actually doing the useful computations. On the average computer, the molecule rendering takes just a very few percent of the CPU time. However, on slower computers, this fraction can quite a bit higher. We are considering having the rotations occur less often on slower machines to counter this. Keeping the agent minimized and not running as a screen saver actually makes it contribute the most CPU time to useful work.

可以解释一下屏幕保护程序吗?
1、屏幕保护程序用来显示蛋白质分子在折叠过程中的形态快照,显示为当前时刻(以分计算±几秒)。当它看起来像纤维的时候,意味着这张快照是在未被高度折叠的蛋白质分子叠代点附近“拍摄”的。
1b、每个工作单元运行一个给定的基因序列及其对应的蛋白质。蛋白质折叠过程将多次重复进行,每次使用不同的随机数来尝试各种微妙的折叠过程。您的电脑处理过的蛋白质折叠结果将其他电脑处理所得的结果相比较或结合,这将有助于我们得到充足的统计数据来得出最终实用得结果。
2、快照显示的是旋转中的蛋白质分子 3D 模型。显示这个动态的过程将消耗更多的 CPU 内核处理时间,即会减少真正用于处理折叠过程的 CPU 资源。对于普通的电脑来说,分子模型的旋转只消耗非常少量的 CPU 周期百分比。但是,对于较慢的电脑来说,这个比重就不可忽视了。我们建议较慢的机器尽量不要显示这个折叠过程,您可以通过将客户端程序最小化或者修改屏幕保护模式为一直运行模式来将 CPU 资源更多的贡献给真正需要它的处理过程。

Will the software run faster if I shut down the screen saver?
Yes. The screen saver diverts your computer resources to motion and graphic processing. This is not just for the World Community Grid's screen saver, but for most screen savers.

如果我将屏幕保护程序关闭,客户端是否能够运行得更快点?
是的。屏幕保护程序将调用您的计算机图形处理资源。不光 World Community Grid,其他的屏幕保护程序也都是这样的。

How do I shut down or change my screen saver?
Click on [Start] [Settings] [Control Panel], and then double click on "Display." Click on [Screen Saver]. Use the drop down menu to either change the screen saver or shut it off by selecting "None."

我如何关闭或者改变屏幕保护模式?
依次点击“开始”→“控制面板”,双击“显示”,点击“屏幕保护程序”。在“屏幕保护程序”的下拉框中修改为其他屏幕保护程序或者选择“(无)”来关闭屏幕保护功能。

评分

参与人数 2基本分 +60 维基拼图 +40 收起 理由
BiscuiT + 60 + 25
霊烏路 空 + 15

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-12-3 16:39:52 | 显示全部楼层

更新了一下~~~

http://fans.equn.com/dingcong/wcg/help_proxy.htm

Proxy Settings  
代理服务器设置

为什么程序不使用默认的代理服务器设置?
我怎么知道我的代理服务器的设置?
我怎么输入我的代理服务器信息?
我可不可以更改在安装程序中设置的代理服务器?
我怎么样才能让程序使用我设置的代理服务器?

为什么程序不使用默认的代理服务器设置?
Although the software automatically fills in the proxy settings from Window's Internet Options during the installation process, it does not use them by default. If the settings are correct, set the software to use the proxy settings.
尽管在程序安装过程中,安装程序会自动读取浏览器中的代理服务器设置,但是程序默认不使用它们。如果浏览器中的代理服务器设置是正确的,把程序设置成使用代理服务器就行了。

我怎么知道我的代理服务器的设置?
These settings are available in your Web browser. In Internet Explorer, these are under [Tools][Internet Options...][Connections] then choose either [LAN Settings] or [Settings] for your dial-up options. If "Use Proxy" is checked, click on the [Advanced...] button to see your proxy settings. For more guidance, including how to find your settings if you use Netscape, see World Community Grid Software Help File.
你可以从你的浏览器中看到代理服务器的设置。在IE中,点击菜单“工具”-“Internet选项”,在“连接”页中单击“局域网设置”或者“设置”按钮就能看到。如果设置了使用代理服务器,可以单击“高级”按钮获取代理服务器信息。如果您使用的是Netscape的话,请参看WCG的程序帮助文件。

我怎么输入我的代理服务器信息?
Find the button on the Login panel, or if you are adding a proxy once the software is running, open the software's window by double clicking on the icon in the system tray or from the icon in Windows Explorer/the Start Menu. Click on the button with a checkmark to open the proxy settings window. Click on the Proxy button on the login window, select your proxy type from the drop-down menu, and enter the port number and the proxy server's address. If using an "https" proxy, you do not need to enter "http" in the "Proxy Server" box.
打开程序窗口,单击一个上面有一个类似复选框的图片的按钮,或者单击登陆窗口的“Set Proxy”按钮,就可以打开设置的窗口了。在组合框中选择您的代理服务器类型,输入代理服务器地址和端口。如果您使用的是https的代理服务器的话,您不需要在代理服务器地址前面加上“http”。

我可不可以更改在安装程序中设置的代理服务器?
Yes. The software will automatically load proxy settings that it detects in Windows, however it will not set itself to use them. These settings can be modified to suit your current needs. Once done, set the software to use the configured proxy settings.
可以。程序会自动读取Windows中的代理服务器设置,但不默认使用它们。您可以根据自己的需要来设置。设置好以后,记得把程序设置成使用代理服务器。

我怎么样才能让程序使用我设置的代理服务器?
Open the software's window by double clicking on the icon in the system tray or from the icon in Windows Explorer/the Start Menu. Click on the checkmark button to pull up the preference/profile screen. Enter this information in the fields provided within the Proxy section.
打开程序界面,单击一个上面有一个类似复选框的图片的按钮以显示设置窗口,在代理服务器一栏填入所需信息。

[ Last edited by fwjmath on 2005-12-3 at 16:53 ]

评分

参与人数 2基本分 +80 维基拼图 +50 收起 理由
BiscuiT + 80 + 35
霊烏路 空 + 15

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2005-12-3 17:57:32 | 显示全部楼层
引用 youyancao 在 2005-12-3 13:39 时的帖子:
没听说过有https代理服务器,怀疑是不是原文搞错了

有的,WCG 和 UD 都有这个选项,Google 上搜索 HTTP 代理,发现就是通常意义上的代理,“什么是 HTTP 代理:www 对于每一个上网的人都再熟悉不过了,www 连接请求就是采用的 http 协议,所以我们在浏览网页,下载数据(也可采用ftp协议)是就是用 http 代理。它通常绑定在代理服务器的 80、3128、8080 等端口上。”
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2005-12-3 22:28:02 | 显示全部楼层
第 2、4、5、6 楼翻译部分均已转入临时存放站点,表格等等均已完全修复正常显示,标题栏也做了相应的修改。

其他的几个页面尚待修改。我对第 2 楼和第 4 楼翻译内容做了一些修改。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-12-6 09:11:21 | 显示全部楼层

我认为有误[How do I tell the software to ...]

引用 youyancao 在 2005-12-3 13:39 时的帖子:
http://fans.equn.com/dingcong/wcg/help_netconn.htm
我自己觉得有问题的翻译已经用红色标记,请大家指正!

我觉得可以这样:
我如何在软件中为代理服务器设置我的用户信息(网络连接需要代理服务器,并且代理服务器需要认证)

----------------------------------
rtm
http://www.fight-aids.cn

评分

参与人数 1维基拼图 +2 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 2

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2005-12-30 20:47:32 | 显示全部楼层
翻译页面地址:http://www.equn.com/wcg/help_minimumreq.htm

System Requirements
What are the recommended minimum system specifications for a Windows system?
What are the recommended minimum system specifications for a Linux system?

系统要求
Windows 平台下的最低系统配置要求是什么?
Linux 平台下的最低系统配置要求是什么?

What are the recommended minimum system specifications for a Windows system?
Each research project we run on the World Community Grid has different minimum machines requirements.

Windows 平台下的最低系统配置要求是什么?
在 World Community Grid 下参加不同的研究项目有不同的最低系统配置要求。

For the Human Proteome Folding project, the minimum requirements are:
对于 Human Proteome Folding project(人类蛋白质折叠项目),最低系统配置要求如下:

At least a 166MHz Intel Pentium™ processor or equivalent
至少为英特尔奔腾 166MHz 或与之同等的处理器
At least 120 MB RAM (with virtual memory enabled)
至少 120 MB 内存(并开启虚拟内存)
600 MB Hard Disk Drive with at least 50 MB available for use
600 MB 磁盘空间,至少 50 MB 可用磁盘空间
The ability to display 8-bit graphics at 800x600 resolution
800x600 分辨率下正常显示 8 位图象
An Internet connection with minimum 40 kbps speed
联网速度,至少为 40 kbps
Operating System: Windows 98, ME, 2000 or XP
操作系统:Windows 98、ME、2000 或 XP

For FightAIDS@Home, the minimum requirements are:
对于 FightAIDS@Home(抗击艾滋病项目),最低系统配置要求如下:

At least a 550MHz Intel Pentium™ processor or equivalent
至少为英特尔奔腾 550MHz 或与之同等的处理器
At least 250 MB RAM (with virtual memory enabled)
至少 250 MB 内存(并开启虚拟内存)
600 MB Hard Disk Drive with at least 50 MB available for use
600 MB 磁盘空间,至少 50 MB 可用磁盘空间
The ability to display 8-bit graphics at 800x600 resolution
800x600 分辨率下正常显示 8 位图象
An Internet connection with minimum 40 kbps speed
联网速度,至少为 40 kbps
Operating System: Windows 98, ME, 2000 or XP
操作系统:Windows 98、ME、2000 或 XP

What are the recommended minimum system specifications for a Linux system?
Linux 平台下的最低系统配置要求是什么?
Each research project we run on the World Community Grid may have different minimum machines requirements, but the minimum requirements are:
在 World Community Grid 下参加不同的研究项目有不同的最低系统配置要求。最低系统配置要求如下:
At least 120 MB RAM
至少 120 MB 内存
At least 15 MB of free disk space
至少 15 MB 剩余磁盘空间
An Intel or AMD x86 processor
Intel 或 AMD x86 处理器

评分

参与人数 2基本分 +60 维基拼图 +40 收起 理由
BiscuiT + 60 + 25
霊烏路 空 + 15

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 新注册用户

本版积分规则

论坛官方淘宝店开业啦~

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|中国分布式计算总站 ( 沪ICP备05042587号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 07:03