找回密码
 新注册用户
搜索
查看: 10078|回复: 2

PrimeGrid FAQ 中英文对照

[复制链接]
发表于 2006-9-24 03:05:33 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is the project's main target? What results do we want to achieve?
问:此项目的主要目标是什么?我们要达到的目的是什么?
A: As stated on the front page, the first aim was to implement BOINC system in Perl programming language. This does only affect the server/scheduler side. PrimeGrid is a PerlBOINC testing project, trying to deal with RSA Factoring Challenge - trying to split the 193-digit number into two factors that multiplied form the original number. The resources needed are very big, and we focus more on the PerlBOINC scheduler system than application optimisation, however, if we are very lucky, we will find the number - the application is fully working.
See RSA Labs website for more technical information about RSA Factoring Challenge.
答:就像在前面的页面中说明的,首要目的是用Perl编程语言来实现BOINC系统.这只对服务器/调度程序端有影响.PrimeGrid是一个PerlBOINC测试项目,尝试处理RSA因数分解的挑战-把一个193位数分解成两个质因数.这需要大量的计算资源.与程序优化相比,我们更关注PerlBOINC调度系统.但如果运气好的话,我们会找到这个数字-程序正在全力以赴.
在RSA实验室的网站上能看到更多关于RSA因数分解挑战的技术信息.

Q: I never received an email containing my account key after signing up. What can I do?
问:注册以后我从来没收到过一封含有帐号数字的邮件,我该怎么办?
A: Make sure that you (or your Internet Service Provider) are not filtering the email out as spam. The email comes from "rytis@primegrid.com". Also, the accounts are not being activated automatically, there is a waiting list. You have to wait some time (probably, a few days) until your account is activated. The server can only handle a limited number of participants, and new ones are being accepted in the order they have been registered, at 15 users/day.
答:确定你(或者你的Internet服务提供商)没有把该邮件当作垃圾邮件过滤掉.该邮件发自"rytis@primegrid.com".帐号也不会自动激活,有一个等待列表.你可能需要等一段时间(可能是几天时间)直到你的帐号被激活. 服务器只能处理有限数量的参与者,并且按注册时间的先后顺序,每天接受15个新用户.

Q: Will there be a screen saver?
问:会有一个屏幕保护程序吗?
A: It is being planned, but we do not have even an estimated release date for it.
答:正在计划中,但还没有一个明确的发布日期.

Q: What are the minimum requirements for the participating?
问:参与此项目的最低配置需求是什么?
A: A computer that is capable of participating in any other BOINC project will work, and even a slower one may work, as our memory usage is lower than most projects. Generally, a computer with 64MB RAM, 20MB free hard disk space free and with Pentium-class or better processor should work. Currently only Windows platform is being supported, but we are hoping to add more platforms soon.
答:一台能参加其它任何BOINC项目的电脑就可以,甚至是更低端的配置也行,因为这个项目比其它大多数项目占用更少的内存.一般来说,一台拥有64MB内存,20MB剩余硬盘空间以及Pentium或者以上级别处理器的电脑就可以了.目前只支持Windows平台,但我们希望尽快增加对更多平台的支持.

Q: How long does it take to get credit for WUs completed?
问:完成WUs(工作单元)后多久能获得积分?
A: Depends on your computer. Generally, a 2Ghz computer needs approximately 1h to complete one WU, but it may also depend on the other specifications, like hard disk throughput or memory amount.
Credit is granted at once, if the WU has a quorum of 1 (most of currently being sent have it).
答:这得视你的电脑而定.一般情况下,一台2GHz的电脑需要大约1小时来完成一个WU,但还要看其它的情况,如硬盘吞吐量或者内存大小.
如果WU的有效人数是1(目前发出的大多数WU都是这样的),分数可以马上获得.

Q: What is the Daily Quota for and why is it so small?
问:什么是每日限定数?它为什么这么小?A: The daily quota is the number of results sent per one day. The quota is reset at 21:00UTC.
Every new computer starts with a daily quota of 5 WUs per CPU/per day. Every finished WU that comes back with no error will increase this daily quota by one. The maximum quota is 45 WUs per day/CPU at the moment. (Any hyperthreading machine will get 90 WUs max per day, because it's recognized as 2 CPUs.)
答:每日限定数是每天发送结果的数量.这个数字会在每天21:00UTC被重新设置.
每台新加入的电脑会有每天每CPU5个WU的限制.每返回一个正确的WU会使这个日限定数增加1.当前最大的每天每CPU限定数是45WU.(超线程的机子每天最多可以得到90WU,因为它被认为有两个CPU).

Q: When re-attaching to the project, new computer IDs were created, but this has reset my WU quota to 5. Can this be changed?
问:当重新加入时,会建立新的电脑ID,但这会把WU限定数重新设成5.这个能改一下吗?A: There is no way to determine if a computer is newly attached or the project was reset. Either way, if you had reset the project, there was something wrong, so we should start from scratch.
答:无法判断一台电脑是新加入的还是项目被重置了.另外,如果重置项目会出现同样的错误,所以我们不得不从头开始.

Q: Will this Daily Quota generally be increased? I've got very fast computers and they run out of work over the day.
问:每日限制数会增加吗?我的电脑非常快但没有事情可做.A: Please post about this in the message boards, and will consider increasing the quota.
答:请把这个发到留言板上,我们会考虑增加每日限定数.

Q: How do I have to set the Firewall Settings (Windows)?
问:怎样设置防火墙(Windows)?
A: The program boinc.exe should be allowed Internet access on port 80, local network access on ports 1043 and 31416.
The program boincmgr.exe should be allowed local network access on ports 1043 and 31416.
If you use the boinccmd.exe program it should have the same access needs as boincmgr.exe.
答:boinc.exe需要开放远程80端口,本地1043和31416端口.
boincmgr.exe需要开放本地1043和31416端口.
如果你使用了boinccmd.exe程序还必须设置和boincmgr.exe一样的规则.

Q: Why has the name of the project changed to "PrimeGrid"?
问:为什么把项目名称改成了"PrimeGrid"?
A: We considered changing the project's name, as it no longer fits our goal. Also there was a need to move the project to "real" hosting. It wasn't a necessity to have an unregistered domain, but it helped. We have discussed the proposed names, and PrimeGrid has really grown on me :) It really describes the project goal - searching for primes for RSA, and if we (ever) decide to change the project goal, the name can stay, as it also means "superior", and it does not describe anything about the project that way :)
答:我们考虑更改项目的名称,因为它不再适合我们的目标.同时需要把项目移到"真实的"主机上.一个未被注册的域名不是必需的,但有好处.我们讨论了候选的名字,我喜欢PrimeGrid.它真实描述了项目目标-寻找RSA的素数,而且当我们什么时候想改变项目目标的话,它仍然可以保留,因为它也是"优良"的意思,那样就不会描述关于项目的任何事. :)

Q: What I was thinking when I was originally talking about prime number algorithms is... One way to approach this is to generate a list of all prime numbers and see if any of them are a factor - but I don't know how efficient generating sequential primes is relative to what you're doing.
Checking all the odd numbers is unnecessary and too much work. If you skip multiples of 3 (which is trivial to code), you only need to check a third of all numbers. If you skip multiples of 5 as well (again trivial), you do about 26.7% of total numbers. Add in multiple's of 7 and it's about 22.9%.
I'm still bemused by why you think it's fun to attempt to solve a problem using an intractible approach...
问:以前我在谈到素数算法时是想...有一个方法是创建一个所有素数的列表,然后看其中有没有一个因子-但我不知道你们所做的跟创建连续的素数相比哪个更有效率.检查所有的奇数是不必要的而且工作量太大.如果跳过3的倍数(对代码无效),你只需要检查所有数字的三分之一.如果再跳过5的倍数(也无效),只要检查大约所有数字的26.7%.再加上7的倍数只要大约22.9%.
我还是不明白为什么你们会认为使用一个复杂的方法来解决这个问题很有趣.

A: Generating all primes would be less effective, because:
1. Prime list would require a lot of diskspace.
2. Checking if number is a prime requires more resources then dividing the big number.
Personally, I think that there will be a few updates to the algorithm :) This project started as MD5 hash cracking (in case you do not know). Now we do something at least a bit useful :)
答:创建所有的素数是很低效的,因为:
1.素数表需要占用巨大的磁盘空间.
2.检查一个数是否是素数比分解这个大树需要花更大的力气.个人认为,这是对算法的一些改进. :) 这个项目开始时MD5哈希已经被破解(除非你还不知道).我们现在做的事情至少还是有点用的. :)

translated by 烦人

[ Last edited by 烦人 on 2006-9-24 at 08:28 ]

评分

参与人数 1维基拼图 +30 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 30

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2006-9-26 18:27:23 | 显示全部楼层
这个FAQ有点过时啦~
现在不需要这么长时间的运算了~
现在的每日WU限制在200个呢~
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2006-9-26 18:35:37 | 显示全部楼层
是,这个我在翻译的时候也发现了.
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 新注册用户

本版积分规则

论坛官方淘宝店开业啦~
欢迎大家多多支持基金会~

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|中国分布式计算总站 ( 沪ICP备05042587号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-29 16:26