新注册用户
搜索
楼主: vmzy

[独立平台] [生命科学类] Folding@Home

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2010-1-7 11:11:39 | 显示全部楼层
January 06, 2010
Update on Power PC OSX support
We have been going through various shortages for Power PC OSX WUs, due to the new cores not supporting PPC machines.  While we expect that we may have new PPC WUs in the future, we want to give a heads up that we are depreciating PPC OSX support in Folding@home.  We would love to support as many OS's as possible, but the overall compute power from the PPC group is small enough, and the efforts to support it large enough, that we have decided that it is better for us to put our resources into improving support for the other OS's we are supporting.   

Thanks to all of you who have faithfully supported FAH with the processing that you have donated!
大意:
由于苹果(PPC)的计算量低,但是维护成本高,我们决定放弃MAC(PPC)平台,把精力放到其它主力平台上。

[ 本帖最后由 vmzy 于 2010-1-7 21:58 编辑 ]

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +20 维基拼图 +5 收起 理由
BiscuiT + 20 + 5

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-7 11:28:18 | 显示全部楼层

回复 #17 vmzy 的帖子

太可惜了!!!

LP想买mac,还准备偷偷给她装个FAH.....
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-7 13:18:21 | 显示全部楼层
他好像是指基于powerPC的MAC吧,基于intel的会有
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-7 14:55:03 | 显示全部楼层

回复 #19 aquarius12 的帖子

仔细看好像是说不支持PPC的,i5应该支持,呵呵。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-8 10:47:05 | 显示全部楼层
哎~~ 可怜了我的POWERBOOK G4了。。。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-1-14 11:51:58 | 显示全部楼层
January 13, 2010
Some more details on the GPU3 core, regarding OpenCL
Here is an update and some more details on the third generation GPU core.  As I stated before, this core is built on OpenMM, which brings the science further along and allows us to make easier updates.  OpenMM supports OpenCL in beta form in its 1.0 release (scheduled for late January 2010), but it is important to stress that the OpenCL support is very early and so we will not be relying on OpenCL in the first releases of the GPU3 core.

This means that the core will only roll out for NVIDIA first.  ATI has depreciated Brook, but does not have a fully-functioning OpenCL implementation, so we are stuck in between support on the ATI side.  Once the OpenCL implementation matures (on both ATI and NVIDIA), we will be able to finish and optimize our OpenCL code (we can't reliably optimize code until the implementations are more finalized), and then the OpenCL portions will go into QA.

So, if you are interested in OpenCL (especially in terms of ATI support), this will not be in the initial release, but once the environment has matured, we will push forward.  By the way, once OpenCL support for multi-core boxes has matured, we will also see about porting the GPU3 code as a new SMP2 style core as well (i.e. threads-based SMP support).  If the performance is strong, it's appealing to think that we can go back to having a single dominant code base for much of FAH's calculations.
大意:
GPU3是基于OpenMM技术的,不过这个月OpenMM才开始正式支持OpenCL。一切才刚开始,所以不知道是否好用。
由于ATI放弃了Brook,却又未对OpenCL提供完美支持。所以我们现在也只能先做出GPU3 NVIDIA版。也因此我们暂时无法对GPU3的OpenCL代码进行任何优化,我们打算等A和N都完美支持了OpenCL,再统一开始优化和公开测试工作。(我们不想再像历代GPU客户端那样做成2个客户端,分开维护了)
当前GPU3并不支持多GPU并行计算,如果可以的话,将来我们打算把SMP2和GPU3客户端融合在一起(提供多GPU的线程级并行计算),这样使用起来更方便,性能更强大。

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +30 维基拼图 +12 收起 理由
BiscuiT + 30 + 12

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-14 11:56:19 | 显示全部楼层

回复 #22 vmzy 的帖子

杯具,A卡真的跟并行运算渐行渐远了
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-14 12:16:18 | 显示全部楼层
不单单是A卡的杯具,不支持多GPU并行计算意味着还是和GPU2一样一个核心计算一个WU--是GPU的杯具
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-14 12:31:49 | 显示全部楼层
当前GPU3并不支持多GPU并行计算,如果可以的话,将来我们打算把SMP2和GPU3客户端融合在一起(提供多GPU的线程级并行计算),这样使用起来更方便,性能更强大。

这个我喜欢 嘿嘿
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-14 20:50:45 | 显示全部楼层
估计门槛比较高吧?需要同核心型号的卡才能并行?类似SLI和CF的说?

不然兄弟的一堆显卡搅拌一下就大爆发了
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-1-15 09:50:27 | 显示全部楼层
January 14, 2010
Important update on my post on OpenCL
Just an update on my blog post.  I want to make it clear that we're  seeing problems in both of our ATI and NVIDIA GPU OpenCL implementations for OpenMM.   Maybe it's on our side (I'm bet some bugs are on our side), but we suspect there could possibly be some issues with both the NVIDIA and ATI OpenCL implementations (and maybe even Apple's). We are working with everyone closely to either fix our bugs or get our code compliant with the OpenCL implementations.
Also, it looks like I should have been more careful in my wording of my previous post.  I was referring to the issues above when talking about whether the ATI implementation was "fully functional" and some groups have gotten this out of my intended context.  As far as I understand, the ATI OpenCL implementation is fully functional.

Finally, it is important to note that our Brook code is still supported, just not actively developed so Folding@Home/OpenMM is concentrating on shifting to OpenCL, so no more active development using Brook.
大意:
A卡对OpenCL的支持没有问题,只是我们没法在FAH上实现A卡对OpenCL的支持,都是我们的错!
译者注:FAH啊,放弃ATI这样的高分(游戏)低能儿(通用计算)吧!昨天的发帖,A饭怒了,FAH老大向A饭道歉。

评分

参与人数 1基本分 +20 维基拼图 +5 收起 理由
BiscuiT + 20 + 5

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-15 10:05:32 | 显示全部楼层
A卡的SP很多时候用不上,架构瓶颈明显。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-15 10:14:25 | 显示全部楼层
等FAH能支持SLI的那一天~
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-15 12:42:54 | 显示全部楼层
不知道A卡单SLOT厚度的最强卡是那块?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-1-15 12:51:25 | 显示全部楼层
装个扁的散热,再锯掉多余的挡板,任何卡都能变成单slot的~
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 新注册用户

本版积分规则

论坛官方淘宝店开业啦~

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|中国分布式计算总站 ( 沪ICP备05042587号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-16 15:21