新注册用户
搜索
查看: 27070|回复: 46

[已转移到维基条目] Einstein@Home FAQ初步翻译(开头)

[复制链接]
发表于 2005-8-29 18:15:15 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
很多地方其实还是不懂怎么译……大家多提意见……

Einstein@Home FAQ

This page is the start of the Einstein@Home Frequently asked questions. If you have a question related to BOINC you could try the boinc website or Paul D. Buck's documentation website.
本页面是 Einstein@Home 新手常问的问题。如果你有和 BOINC 有关的问题你可以尝试去 BOINC的网站 或者 Paul D. Buck 的 资料网站。

I never received my email containing an account key after signing up. What can I do?
我注册后从未受到那封含有账号密码 (account key) 的邮件。怎么办?

I lost my account key. Is there a way I can get it back?
我丢失了账号密码。有没有方法再找回来?

My machine is not getting work! Why not?
我的电脑并没有在工作!为什么的?

What does the screensaver show?
屏幕保护显示出来的是什么?

Why is Einstein@Home running on my computer while I am working?
为什么我在使用电脑的时候 Einstein@Home 也在运行的?

Why don't I have any credit?
为什么我一点积分 (credit) 都没有?

Why has my result been 'pending' for a week?
为什么我的计算结果的积分整一个星期都还在 "pending" (待定)状态?

Why do fast machines have to wait longer for credit than slow ones?
为什么快的机器等积分要比慢的机器等得久?

I claimed 100 credits for my result but only got 90. Why?
我的计算结果申请积分 (claim) 100点,但只得了90点。为什么?

I claimed 90 credits for my result but got 100. Why?
我的计算结果申请积分90点,但得了100点。为什么?

I joined a team, but am not shown as a member. Why?
我加入了一个小组,但我没有被显示成一名成员。为什么?

I am using a MAC or linux box, and can't see the screensaver. Where is it?
我正在使用 MAC 或 linux box ,但看不到屏幕保护。它在哪儿?

I run Linux, and can't see the screensaver. Where is it?
我在 linux 下运行,但看不到屏幕保护。它在哪儿?

I have a Mac. I've downloaded the "client file", but it doesn't do anything - how should I run it?
我有一台 MAC 电脑。我也下载了客户端程序 (client file) ,但它什么也不做。我应该怎么运行它?

I run Linux (2.6.x kernel). E@H doesn't show up when running "top". Is it doing anything?
我的操作系统是 Linux (2.6.x kernel)。 E@H doesn't show up when running "top". 它在做什么东西吗?

I am running MacOS 10.x (x<3). Why do all my results end up with "Client Error"?
我的操作系统是 MacOS 10.x (x<3)。为什么我的所有计算结果都以 "Client Error" (客户端错误)结束?

How can I see the progress (percentage done etc.) running a comand line client (Mac, Linux)?
我怎么才能看到命令行客户端 (command line client) 的进展(比如已完成的百分数)?(Mac, Linux系统)

What does "exited with zero status but no finished file" mean? Is this serious?
"exited with zero status but no finished file"(退出返回值为0,但没有发现已完成的文件)是什么意思?这很严重吗?

The benchmarks of my machine compared to machine XXX / OS YYY look way apart. Why is this?
我的机器的基准 (benchmarks) 和 machine XXX / OS YYY 比较起来相差很远。为什么?

The downloads of the Workunits are quite large / too large for modem users.
对于用调制解调器 (modem) 上网的用户来说,计算包 (workunit) 的下载量很大,太大了。

When showing the graphics the computaion slows down.
当显示图形的时候,计算速度降低了。

I'm afraid that the still parts of the graphics burn into my screen. Can I do anything? Will this change?
我担心图形的静态部分 burn into my screen.有什么方法吗?这种情况会否改善?

The E@H deadlines seem too short for my computer.
Einstein@Home 的最后期限 (deadline) 对于我的电脑来说太短了。

Is there an App for my architecture? Can I download the source and build one myself?
有没有我自己构筑的应用程序?我可以下载源程序并自己编一个吗?

BOINC / E@H keeps my CPU at 100%. Is there any way to throttle it?
BOINC / E@H 使我的CPU占用率达到100%。有什么方法阻止它吗?

What will happen when a gravitational wave was found by my computer?
如果一个引力波被我的电脑找到了(计算出来了),会怎么样?

"Your account" shows WorkUnit XXXXX being sent to me, but I don't have it on my computer - where did it go?
"Your account"(你的账号)显示计算包 (WorkUnit) XXXXX 已经发送给我了,但我在电脑上没找到它。它去哪儿了?

I get a message saying 'Misconfigured BOINC installation or proxy-server problems!'. What does this mean? What should I do?
我收到一条信息:"Misconfigured BOINC installation or proxy-server problems!" (BOINC安装配置错误,或者是代理服务器问题!)这是什么意思?我应该怎么做?

Why is my Daily Result Quota so small?
为什么我的每日工作限额那么小?

I see messages in stderr about file checksums, resuming, and so on. Does this indicate a problem?
我看到了stderr (stderrgui.txt及stderrdae.txt) 里关于文件校验总和的 (file checksums) 、重新开始 (resuming) 等等的信息了。这是否说明有问题?

(for Linux) I see messages in stderr about missing object files/graphics.
(对于 Linux 系统)我在 stderr (stderrgui.txt及stderrdae.txt) 里看到了关于丢失对象文件/图形 (missing object file/graphics) 的信息。

(for Linux) My Linux box reports memory incorrectly.
(对于 Linux 系统)我的 Linux box 错误地报告了内存 (reports memory incorrectly)。

At the very end my Workunit jumps from 99% to 100% complete very quickly (or slowly!).
在快结束的时候,我的计算包的完成率很快地从99%一下子跳到100%(有时候很慢!)。

My machine isn't getting any work, and I get scheduler replies saying "No work set, daily quota reached"..
我的机器不去获取新的工作,而调度程序 (scheduler) 也回答说"No work set, daily quota reached"(没有设定好的工作,达到了每日限量)。

I never received an email containing my account key after signing up. What can I do?
我注册后从未受到那封含有账号密码(account key) 的邮件。怎么办?

Make sure that you (or your Internet Service Provider) are not filtering the email out as spam. The email comes from einstein@einstein.phys.uwm.edu. If you have another email account you might want to try setting up an account using the new email address.

You can request that your account key gets resent to you by going to this page.

[DH and BA]

确定你(或者你的网络服务供应商)没有把那封邮件当作垃圾邮件过滤掉。那封邮件由 einstein@einstein.phys.uwm.edu 发出。如果你有另一个邮件账号,你可以尝试用新的邮箱地址设置一个账号。

你可以通过到这个页面要求把账号密码从新发送到你的邮箱。

[DH and BA]I lost my account key.

Is there a way I can get it back?
我丢失了账号密码。有没有方法再找回来?

Go to this page and enter your email address. Your account key will be emailed to you.
到这个页面,输入你的邮箱地址。你的账号密码将会邮给你。

My machine is not getting work! Why not?
我的电脑并没有在工作!为什么的?

There are a number of possible reasons. In most cases, the Einstein@Home scheduler sends a detailed text explanation to your machine. But the BOINC client does not always display these messages correctly or clearly. So if in doubt, look in the sched_reply.xml file, located in the directory where BOINC is installed, and search for lines that have the word 'message' in them. Note: please take care not to corrupt this file!

有不少可能的原因。很多时候,Einstein@Home 调度程序给了你的机器一个很详细的文字说明。 但 BOINC 客户端并不一定会把这些说明文字正确而清晰地显示出来。所以,如果有疑惑,看 一下 BOINC 安装目录下的 sched_reply.xml 文件,并寻找有"message"的部分。注意:小心 不要破坏这个文件!

In the BOINC client, in the 'messages' window, these messages often appear to the right of 'no work' but are hidden because the corresponding column of text is too narrow. Widen the column as much as possible to see the full message. This works sometimes, but not always!

在 BOINC 客户端的 "message"(信息)窗口,"no work"(无新工作)的右边应该有一些信息, 不过可能会因为对应的文字栏太窄了,隐藏起来了。把文字栏尽可能地拉宽,以便看到完整的信 息。这有时有效,但并不经常!

Sometimes, your machine is not sent work because the amount of memory required (currently 70 MB) or disk space required (currently 100MB) is too large. If the problem is memory requirements, please check back in a week or so. We are working to reduce the memory requirements of our application. (Of course, you can always add more memory to your machine, but that's a bit much for us to ask!) If the problem is disk space, please review the way that you have set your disk space preferences under Your Account. For example, if your machine has a 4 GB disk, but you have set the preferences to 'Leave at least 5 GB free space', your machine will never get sent any work because the scheduler can't satisfy the constraint you have imposed.

有时,不会有计算包发送到你的机器上,因为所要求的内存空间(一般是70MB)或硬盘空间(一般是100MB) 太大了。如果问题是内存需求过大,请在一个星期内左右重试。我们已经在努力减少我们应用程序的内存需 求。(当然,你可以在你的机器上加新的内存,不过这是我们有点过分的要求了!)如果问题是硬盘需求过 大,请回顾你在你的账号上设置的硬盘大小偏好。比如,如果你的机器有4G的硬盘,但你把偏好设置成“留 下至少5G的空间”,你的机器将永不会收到任何工作包,因为调度程序不能够满足你所加的条件。

In other cases, your machine will not be sent work because the scheduler has estimated that the work would not be completed in time (before the reporting deadline). This estimate takes into account a number of factors: (1) the amount of work currently queued on your machine, (2) the resource share fraction devoted to Einstein@Home (as opposed to other BOINC projects) (3) the fraction of time that your machine is turned on, (4) the fraction of THAT time during which your machine is available for running BOINC. In this case, you can leave your machine on more of the time (the scheduler will notice this over a period of a few days and start sending larger amounts of work) or you can change your preferences for when BOINC runs on your machine (for example, set it so that BOINC runs all the time, instead of only when your machine is idle.)

在其他情况下,你的机器收不到工作包,因为调度程序估计那些新的工作包将不会及时(在期限deathline之前) 完成。这个估计可能有几个因素:(1)你的机器的队列中的工作量,(2)给予 Einstein@Home 的资源共享分数(相 对于其它BOINC项目来说),(3)你的机器开机时间在一天之中所占的分数,(4)你的机器可以运行BOINC的时间所占 的分数。在这种情况下,你可以让你的机器在更长的时间内闲置(几天后,调度程序会有所注意,并开始发送更多 的工作包给你),或者,你可以改变你的账号关于“BOINC 在什么时候运行”的偏好。(比如,设置成 BOINC 总是 运行,而不是仅当闲置时)

In other cases, your machine will not be sent more work because it has already been issued with its daily quota of workunits (currently set to 8 workunits per CPU). In most cases for which a machine is running up against daily quota limits, there is a problem with the BOINC installation or Einstein@Home execution on your machine, and it is 'erroring out' the workunits and returning them as unsuccessfully completed. You can see if this is the case by going to 'Your Account' on the Einstein@Home web page and reviewing the results for that machine. The stderr error messages may reveal the problem. If you can't fix it yourself, please post a message on the message boards. in the Problems and Bug Reports section.

在其他情况下,你的机器收不到工作包,因为它收到的工作量已经达到了每日限量(一般被设置成每个CPU 8个计算包)。 对于总是运行接近每日限量的工作的电脑,在很多时候有一个 BOINC 安装或是 Einstein@Home 运行时的问题。它使得一 些计算包提示“错误”(erroring out),并在上传计算结果时认为是“不成功地完成了”(unsuccessfully completed)。 你可以去 Einstein@Home 网页上“你的账号”处回顾计算结果,从而判断是否这个情况。Stderr 错误信息会泄露出这个 问题。如果你还是不能自己修好它,请在留言板的问题和漏洞报告区(Problems and Bug Reports)上留下信息。

[BA]

What does the screensaver show?
屏幕保护显示出来的是什么?

This is described here.

关于它的介绍在此。

Why is Einstein@Home running on my computer while I am working?
为什么我在使用电脑的时候 Einstein@Home也在运行的?

Your general settings are set to "Do work while computer is in use".
Go to "Your Account" and edit your general preferences so that "Do work while computer is in use?" is set to No. You can then do and update project to make your computer use your new settings.

你的账号被设置成“电脑正在使用中的时候仍运行”
到“你的账号”修改你的一般偏好,把"Do work while computer is in use?" (电脑正在使用时也运行吗?)设置成"No"。然后在BOINC Manager中更新项目(update project),以便 使你的电脑使用你的新设置。

更完整的版本在:
http://www.freewebs.com/isaacx/faq3.php
http://www.freewebs.com/isaacx/faq3.php.txt

评分

参与人数 2基本分 +150 维基拼图 +100 收起 理由
BiscuiT + 150 + 50
霊烏路 空 + 50

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-8-29 18:17:21 | 显示全部楼层
####################################################################
I run Linux (2.6.x kernel). E@H doesn't show up when running "top". Is it doing anything?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Please see the following. It applies to us because Einstein@Home is a multi-threaded application.
请看后面一个问题和解答。由于Einstein@Home是一个多线程的程序,所以下面的解答也适用。
Question: Why is %CPU underreported for multi-threaded (Java, etc.) apps?
Answer: You need to upgrade to the 2.6.10 kernel at least. Older kernels do not provide a reasonable way to get this information.
您需要把您的内核升级到至少2.6.10。旧的内核没有一个很好的途径去获取这个信息。
[BA]
I am running MacOS 10.x (x<3). Why do all my results end up with "Client Error"?
BOINC and thus Einstein@Home requires MacOS 10.3 (Darwin 7.3) or later.
BOINC和Einstein@Home客户端需要MacOS 10.3 (Darwin 7.3)或以上的操作系统。
How can I see the progress (percentage done etc.) running a comand line client (Mac, Linux)?
This information is kept in the file client_state.xml in the fraction_done tag.There are third party tools that read it. If you want to have a quick look, open a Terminal, cd to the boinc directory and grep for fraction done:
进度信息储存在client_state.xml的fraction_done标志中。有第三方的软件可以阅读它。如果您想很快地看一看,可以打开一个终端,进入BOINC的目录,搜索字符串fraction_done。
cd BOINC; grep fraction_done client_state.xml

You may put this in a loop for watching it continously:
您也可以把它放在循环中,连续地观察它。
cd BOINC ; sh -c 'while grep fraction_done client_state.xml ; do sleep 10 ; done

The value shown is the fraction of the work done, so a value of 0.34 means 34% done.
显示的数字是工作完成的部分,所以0.34意味着已经完成了34%的工作。
#########################################################################
What does "exited with zero status but no finished file" mean? Is this serious?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "exited with zero status but no 'finished' file" is a known bug in BOINC that we still couldn't track down. It tends to show up on Multi-CPU (or HT) systems, and if you look into stderr.txt in the slots directory you will probably find a message saying "no heartbeat from core client". However the Result is properly restarted by the client and will eventually finish, this bug hasn't an effect on the outcome. As long as everything else is working well, you can safely ignore this error message.
这个错误是BOINC中一个已知但我们无法跟踪的错误。它经常在一个多CPU或者多线程的系统中出现。如果您打开在slots目录的stderr.txt文件的时候,您会看到"no heartbeat from core client"。但是,客户端会正确地重新开始继续完成工作,不会对结果有影响。只要所有东西都正常,您可以忽略这个错误信息。
[BM]
#################################################################################
The benchmarks of my machine compared to machine XXX / OS YYY look way apart. Why is this?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When the BOINC client is first run on a machine, it does some testing to determine how fast that machine does floating point and integer mathematical operations. Some versions of the BOINC client do not make this determination very accurately, either over- or under-reporting the performance of the machine. In particular, on Windows machines, the MS compilers optimized away some of the benchmark tests, making the machines appear faster than they were. The opposite effect also arises on Macs and some 64-bit Linux machines, where the BOINC client would show better performance if it were compiled with additional optimization switches.
当BOINC客户端第一次在一台机器上运行时,它会进行一些测试以检验您的机器的浮点以及整点运算能力。BOINC客户端一些版本的测试并不十分精确,要么算多了,要么算少了。特别在使用Windows的机器上,微软的编译器会优化代码,使机器看起来比实际的表现要好。在苹果机和一些64位Linux机器上会有相反的效应,如果进行一些优化设置,BOINC的客户端会有更好的表现。
[BA]
##############################################################################
The downloads of the Workunits are quite large / too large for modem users.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Einstein@Home workunits require a large data file (slightly more than 12 MB in size). With a 57.6kb modem, this file will take close to an hour to download. Once you have downloaded it, the Einstein@Home scheduler should send you a number of workunits for that file, so you won't need to download another file for some time. However be warned that sometimes the OUTPUT files from Einstein@Home can be quite large, and so it may take an hour or more to upload the results back to the Einstein@Home server.
Einstein@Home的工作单元需要一个大的数据文件(稍大于12MB)。以一个57.6kb的调制解调器连接网络来下载这个文件需要近一个小时。当您下载它以后,调度程序会给你发送几个工作包,所以你在一段时间内不需要再下载另一个文件。但是警告您,Einstein@Home的输出文件也有可能很大,所以您可能需要用一个小时或以上来发送这个结果。
The bottom line is that if you need to pay an hourly rate for dial up modem service, Einstein@Home is probably not a good thing to run on your computer. Users with broadband internet connections such as DSL (Digital Subscriber Line) and cable modems shouldn't find that these uploads/downloads take more than a minute or so.
底线是,如果您用的是拨号上网的话,Einstein@Home可能不是一个好的选择。用宽带上网的用户下载时间不应超过一分钟。
[BA]
############################################################
When showing the graphics the computaion slows down.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Einstein@Home makes heavy use of OpenGL. The part of this work the graphics card can't do on its own hardware has to be done in software by the CPU, preventing it from crunching. If you have a slow or "dumb" (not OpenGL-accelerated) graphics card, you might better not show the graphics if you want to get your results finished quickly.
Einstein@Home用了大量的OpenGL技术。如果显卡的硬件不能自己完成这项工作,会有CPU通过软件完成,这就阻碍了计算。如果您有一款在OpenGL方面不那么“灵光”的显卡,为了使您的工作尽快完成,建议您关掉图像显示功能。
Here are a couple of ways to tell if Einstein@Home is being slowed down by your graphics hardware.
下面是检验Einstein@Home是否被显卡硬件拖慢的方法:
Windows users: soon after an Einstein@Home workunit has started, bring up the 'task manager' by doing CONTROL-ALT-DELETE. Find the running einstein process and compare how much CPU time is shown with the time reported by the BOINC client. The BOINC client only reports the CPU time that was used by the 'science' part of the code, whereas the 'task manager' shows the CPU time used by both the science code and the screensaver code. If you watch there for thirty seconds, and the BOINC client reports that the science code has done only an additional five seconds of computation, whereas the task manager reports that the einstein application has used an additional thirty seconds of CPU time, this means that the graphics is consuming most of the CPU time. In this case, you should probably set your screensaver preferences to blank the screensaver after a few minutes. Alternatively, go to the web site of your computer or graphics card manufacturer, and download the latest graphics drivers. If you can switch your graphics to a mode that supports 'accelerated 3D OpenGL' then the screensaver should become very efficient.
Windows用户:当Einstein@Home的工作包刚开始时,同时按下Ctrl+Alt+Del调出任务管理器。找出正在运行的Einstein@Home进程,与BOINC客户端中的时间比较。由于BOINC客户端只计算程序用于科学计算的时间,而任务管理器同时计算科学计算时间与屏保计算时间。如果您观察30秒,而BOINC客户端的统计只增加了5秒,任务管理器报告CPU时间增加30秒的话,表明图像显示占用的绝大部分的计算时间。这样的话,您应该设置您的屏保在几分钟后显示黑屏。另一种方法是登录您的显卡厂商的网站,下载最新的驱动。如果您能够将您的显卡设置为支持3D OpenGL加速的话,屏保会更有效地工作。
Linux users: It's important to make sure that your graphics hardware is using 3D OpenGL hardware acceleration. A good test is to run the 'glxinfo' program. If it reports direct rendering: No then you are NOT using graphics acceleration, and the graphics will be slow and time-consuming. If it reports direct rendering: Yes, then all is well. In many cases, where direct rendering is *not* enabled, you can turn it on. See http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/ for more information and a useful troubleshooting section. Running glxgears is a simple way to test changes to your XF86Config file.
Linux用户:确保您的显卡正在使用3D OpenGL硬件加速是很重要的。我们可以运行glxinfo程序来做一个很好的测试。如果它报告No,那么您没有开启3D OpenGL加速,图形的显示会变得很慢,而且极其消耗时间。如果它报告Yes,那么一切都好。在许多情况下,如果图形渲染没有开启,您可以开启它。运行glxgears是一条检查您的XF86Config文件的简单的途径。
Mac users: all recent versions of Mac OSX include wonderful hardware acceleration. You don't need to do anything!
苹果机用户:所有近来的Mac OSX版本都包含极佳的硬件加速。您什么也不用做!
[BA]
#######################################################
I'm afraid that the still parts of the graphics burn into my screen. Can I do anything? Will this change?
-------------------------------------------------------
Most modern computer screens are immune to burn-in, but we are still addressing this issue for those who are concerned. At some point in the future you will be able to select an item in your project-specific preferences (here) to ask that static elements of the screensaver not be shown.
绝大多数现代计算机的屏幕是不会被烧坏的,但是我们还是为了那些对此事关注的人将这个问题编入。在将来你可以(在这里)选择在屏保中不显示静态图像。
[EM]
#########################################################
The E@H deadlines seem too short for my computer.
---------------------------------------------------------
We have a deadline of one week between the time that your computer downloads some work, and the time that the results must be reported back to the server. In general, the Einstein@Home scheduler will try hard to NOT give your machine more work than it can do by the deadline. Normally these workunits take between 5 and 24 hours to do, so as long as your machine is available for Einstein@Home more than 15% of the time, it should be able to complete work on schedule.
我们有一个为期一周的最后期限,从您的电脑下载工作时算起。您的电脑应该在在最后期限之前完成并返回工作。总的来说,调度程序会试图不分发多于您的电脑能在最后期限前完成的工作。通常这些工作单元需要5到24小时来完成,所以只要您的机器在多于15%的时间为Einstein@home工作的话,这个任务是可以按时完成的。
We have received requests to increase these deadlines and may do so in the future. For the moment these are short for two reasons. First, if we increase the deadlines, this means that the work and result databases get bigger, because there is more work in progress. Currently, the database is the most overloaded part of the Einstein@Home server, and the part that does not scale well. So we are trying to keep it 'lean and mean'. Second, increasing the deadlines means that it will take longer for users to get credit. Since credits are the easiest way to keep track of whether or not your computer is working well and making a positive contribution to our research work, we would like to try and ensure that you get credits awarded in a timely way.
我们收到过延长最后期限的请求,并且我们将来也计划这样做。现在最后期限短有两个原因。首先,如果我们延长最后期限,由于更多的工作在进行,工作和结果数据库就会变得更大。现在,数据库是我们服务器最沉重的负担,根本不合比例。所以我们试图保持它的“整洁”。其次,延长最后期限意味着用户获得积分的等待时间会更漫长。由于积分是追踪机器是否正在工作的最佳途径,并且它也给我们的研究工作带来好处,我们努力保证您在较短时间内获得积分。
If you are having trouble completing work by the deadline, the simplest and best thing to do is to decrease the size of your 'work cache'. Go to "Your Account" and edit your general preferences so that 'Connect to network about every N days' is set to 0.1 days. This way, your computer won't download more work than it can do in a single day. Note that if you run multiple projects, you may need to set this value on the preferences page of your other project(s) too.
如果您对在最后期限之前完成工作有困难的话,最简单的解决方法就是减少您的“工作缓存”。在"Your Account"中编辑"general preferences",把"Connect to network about every N days"改为0.1天。这样的话,您的电脑不会下载超过它一天的工作量的工作。记住,如果您参加多个计划,您要在每个计划的设置页面上设置。
[BA]

[ Last edited by fwjmath on 2005-8-30 at 09:04 ]

评分

参与人数 2基本分 +150 维基拼图 +100 收起 理由
BiscuiT + 150 + 50
霊烏路 空 + 50

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-8-29 18:18:04 | 显示全部楼层
#############################################################
Is there an App for my architecture? Can I download the source and build one myself?
----------------------------------------------------------------
Answer not written yet.
还没有答案。
#################################################################
BOINC / E@H keeps my CPU at 100%. Is there any way to throttle it?
Answer not written yet.
还没有答案。
###################################################
What will happen when a gravitational wave was found by my computer?
This question is under discussion between the LIGO and GEO labs, and the LIGO Scientific Collaboration. It has not yet been answered. Here are a few facts that are relevant. (1) Einstein@Home participants are carrying out one step (the most computationally-intensive one) in a pulsar search. However the results are fed back into a later stage of search which looks for consistency between different independent results. So no single user 'makes the discovery'. (2) Since (for the purpose of validation) the work is done by several machines independently, belonging to different users, any credit should be shared between the different users who got that result.
这个问题正在LIGO和GEO实验室以及LIGO科学协会中被讨论着,还没有确切的结果。这里是一些有关的事实:(1) Einstein@Home的参与者正在走出脉冲星搜索的第一步(也是运算最密集的)。但这些独立的结果会在下一阶段相互比较,寻找一致。所以单独的一个用户没有可能“发现”引力波。(2) 由于(为了确认)一个工作是由几台独立的,属于不同用户的机器所完成的,所以任何荣誉都应该在这些计算出结果的用户之间分享。
We expect to update this answer in the future.
我们希望能在以后对这个答案进行更新。
[BA]
###############################################################
(for Linux) My Linux box reports physical memory incorrectly.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Please download memory.c. Follow the instructions at the top of the file to compile and run this small program. Then report the results in the forum, along with the hostid of the host machine.
请下载memory.c文件,根据文件头部的指导编译并运行这个小程序,再把结果连同宿主计算机的id贴在Einstein@home的英文论坛上。
[BA]
###########################################################################
At the very end my Workunit jumps from 99% to 100% complete very quickly (or slowly!).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Einstein@Home workunits have three stages. In the first two stages, two different sections (different time ranges and/or detectors) of Gravitational Wave Detector data are searched for the same set of candidate physical sources. In the third stage, the results of these first two searches are compared to identify candidate sources which appeared in both sections of the data.
Einstein@home的工作包包含3个阶段。在开头的两个阶段代表两个不同的重力部分(不同的时间段或者不同的探测器)。检波器的数据被搜索以检查候选信号的物理源。在第三阶段,在前两个阶段的搜索结果会进行对比,以找出可能的候选信号。
The first two stages are entirely deterministic: we can accurately say how much work has been done by your computer and how much remains. The third 'coincidence' stage is not deterministic. Normally it should only take a few seconds although in some cases, for some sets of candidates found in the first two stages, it might take several minutes or even tens of minutes.
前两个阶段是完全确定的:我们可以精确地说出您的电脑完成了多少工作,还有多少工作没完成。第三个“相合”的阶段是不确定的。通常这只需要几秒钟的时间,但在某些情况,对于某些在前两个阶段发现的候选信号,这需要几分钟,甚至几十分钟的时间。
The Einstein@Home application is designed to report progress from 0% to 49.5% complete in the first stage, and from 49.5% to 99% complete in the second stage. The third stage reports progress in an unpredictable way, from 99% to 100%. This third and final stage should normally complete much faster than 1% of the time used by the first two stages. However in some cases it may take a number of minutes.
Einstein@Home这个应用程序被设计为:第一阶段是从0%到49.5%,第二阶段是从49.5%到99%。第三阶段(从99%到100%)报告进度的方式是不可预料的。最后的阶段通常需要的时间比在前两个阶段计算1%的时间要短,但在某些情况下,完成可能需要几分钟。
[BA]
My machine isn't getting any work, and I get scheduler replies saying "No work set, daily quota reached".
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This happens if work being sent to your machine is lost enroute. What may be happening is that the workunits are being lost as described here and as a result your daily result quota is being reached. These lost workunits can also result in a lowering of your daily result quota as described here.
这样的事情的发生可能是因为工作在传输到您的电脑途中丢失了。可能由于工作包丢失,您的日工作量已经达到了限额。这些丢失的工作包也可能会导致您的每日工作量限额降低。
[BA]
##############################################################
"Your account" shows WorkUnit XXXXX being sent to me, but I don't have it on my computer - where did it go?
This problem occurs when your machine contacts the Einstein@Home scheduler to request work, and the Einstein@Home scheduler sends work to your machine, but the work never arrives. This can happen if the networking connection fails during the data transfer. It might also happen if your machine never gets its original assigned hostid and later gets given a different one. It might also happen because of (known and perhaps unknown) bugs in the BOINC core client.
当您的机器向Einstein@Home的调度程序请求工作,调度程序给您的机器发送工作,而这些工作从未到达您的电脑时,这个问题就会发生。这可能是由于与数据传输器的网络连接失败的缘故。也有可能是您的机器没有接受到原来注册的寄主id,后来又接受了另外一个。也有可能是BOINC客户端核心的bug(不论是已知的还是未知的)。
We hope that this problem is largely fixed. If your machine is behind a proxy server or part of a Windows network that uses proxy-like translation features, then bugs in the BOINC 4.19 client may cause this problem. If you see this happending repeatedly on your machine(s) please file a report in the message boards, and perhaps try one of the later BOINC versions.
我们希望这个问题已经被很大程度上修复了。如果您的机器通过代理服务器或者一个有类代理解释特性的Windows网络连接的话,在BOINC 4.19版本的客户端中的bug可能会导致这个问题。如果您在您的机器上重复地发现这个问题,请在公告板上给我们发一个报告,也可以试一下安装BOINC的最新版本。
NOTE: If you are using a proxy server make sure that the TIMEOUT interval for the proxy server is set to at least 100*N seconds where N is the number of CPUs on your machine. Otherwise your proxy server may drop the connection to the Einstein@Home server before the scheduler reply is sent from the Einstein@Home server to your machine. So for a single CPU machine be sure to set the timeout of the proxy server to at least 100 seconds, for a two CPU machine, be sure it is at least 200 seconds, and so on. This also applies if your machine is networked by using another machine as a gateway to the internet.
注:如果您通过一个代理服务器连接网络,请确保代理服务器的超时时间至少为100*N,其中N是您的机器的CPU个数。否则,您的代理服务器可能会在调度程序回复之前中断与Einstein@Home服务器的连接。所以,对于一台单CPU的机器来说,要确保超时时间至少为100秒,对于双CPU的机器来说,至少为200秒,如此类推。如果您的机器通过另一台机器为路由连接上网的话,以上的方案也是适用的。
Provided that your machine is successfully completing work, uploading the results, and downloading work, the occasional lost Workunit is nothing to worry about. When it times out after the deadline, the work will simply be sent to another host machine.
如果您的机器正常地完成工作,上传结果,下载工作的话,偶尔丢失工作单元是不用担忧的。如果这个工作单元超时的话,它会被送到另一台宿主机器上。
[BA]
##############################################################
I get a message saying 'Misconfigured BOINC installation or proxy-server problems!'. What does this mean? What should I do?
---------------------------------------------------------------
This was an erroneous error message and can be ignored.
这是一个错误的错误信息,可以忽略。
[BA]
############################################################
Why is my Daily Result Quota so small?
-------------------------------------------------------------
There are some host machines which 'error out' all the work that is sent to them. Often these machines are misconfigured or have some other Operating System or BOINC installation problem which needs to be fixed. To help reduce the impact of these machines on the project, we use a 'Daily Result Quota' to prevent these host machines from trashing hundreds or thousands of workunits per day.
有些宿主机器会出错误,使得分配的工作丢失。通常的原因是这些机器设置错误,或者在操作系统或BOINC的安装上出了问题。为了减少这些机器对计划的不良影响,我们用“每天工作限额”来防止这些机器每天浪费数以百计的工作单元。
The 'Daily Result Quota' is normally 8 workunits (per CPU, with a 4 CPU maximmum). A host can request, and will receive, up to this many workunits per day and per CPU. Each time that a host returns a failed result, or 'times out' on a result (fails to return a result by the deadline) its Daily Result Quota is reduced by one. Each time that a host returns a successful result, its Daily Result Quota is DOUBLED. Note: the Daily Result Quota is NEVER allowed to be less than one, and NEVER allowed to be larger than 8 (per CPU).
每天工作限额通常是8个工作单元(每个CPU,一台机器最多可以有4个CPU)。一台宿主机器可以请求并接受这么多的工作单元。一台宿主机器每次返回一个错误结果,或者在最后期限内没有返回结果,它的每天工作限额就会减少一个。宿主机器每次返回一个正确的结果,它的每天工作限额会被加倍。
注:每天工作限额最少1个,最多8个(每CPU)。
Provided that a host machine returns at least some successful results, it's Daily Result Quota should remain near 8. Host machines that have a Daily Result Quota of 1 should be examined: there is probably something wrong with them, or with how BOINC in installed or running on them.
如果一台宿主机器至少返回几个正确的结果,它的每天工作限额应该接近8。每天工作限额为1的宿主机器应该被检验。它们,或者安装运行在他们上边的BOINC可能有一些毛病。
[BA]
#########################################################
I see messages in stderr about file checksums, resuming, and so on. Does this indicate a problem?
--------------------------------------------------------------
Probably not. We use stderr to log some useful information that helps us to track the execution of the search code. The following messages are normal and not signs of trouble:
应该不是。我们使用stderr来记录一些有用的信息。这些信息可以帮我们追踪代码的执行。以下的信息是普通的,而不是错误信息。
Resuming computation at X/Y/Z

detected finished Fstat file - skipping Fstat run 1
detected finished Fstat file - skipping Fstat run 2

Fstats.Ha: bytecount X checksum Y
Fstats.Hb: bytecount X checksum Y
[BA]
#######################################################
(for Linux) I see messages in stderr about missing object files/graphics.
----------------------------------------------------------
The following messages indicate that your Linux machine does not have the necessary libraries to display Einstein@Home graphics. Provided that you don't want graphics, they can be ignored.
以下的信息指出你的Linux机器没有显示Einstein@Home图像必须的库文件。如果你不需要显示图像,你可以忽略这种信息。
dlopen() failed: libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
No graphics.
graphics_lib_handle NULL: running without graphics

[BA]

评分

参与人数 2基本分 +100 维基拼图 +70 收起 理由
BiscuiT + 100 + 30
霊烏路 空 + 40

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-8-29 18:18:55 | 显示全部楼层
Pchu翻译了问题,我就不重复翻译了~~~
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-8-29 21:30:09 | 显示全部楼层
长啊~好野!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-8-29 22:28:56 | 显示全部楼层
脚注:
Pchu从头开始,我从尾开始
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-8-30 09:30:05 | 显示全部楼层
建议:
1. account key译成帐号密钥之类的更好些,因为现在seti@boinc也可以采用email+password的登录方式,译成密码的话就和这个password冲突了

2.My machine is not getting work! Why not?
这个原意应该是指电脑无法从服务器取得计算包(WU)

3.I run Linux (2.6.x kernel). E@H doesn't show up when running "top". Is it doing anything?
中间一句中的top是linux/unix下的一个命令,显示进程列表的
应该是说e@h不在运行top后显示的列表中

4.I'm afraid that the still parts of the graphics burn into my screen. Can I do anything? Will this change?
这里的burn into my screen应该就是指毁坏我的电脑屏幕

评分

参与人数 1维基拼图 +4 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 4

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-8-30 09:37:34 | 显示全部楼层
继续建议:

5.The E@H deadlines seem too short for my computer.
Einstein@Home 的最后期限 (deadline) 对于我的电脑来说太短了。

这里译成"e@h中计算包的最后完成期限"之类的更为确切些

6.Is there an App for my architecture? Can I download the source and build one myself?
有没有我自己构筑的应用程序?我可以下载源程序并自己编一个吗?

architecuture指的是计算机架构,可译成"有没有针对我的计算机架构的程序版本?",build可译成编译之类的

7."Your account" shows WorkUnit XXXXX being sent to me

Your account是指项目网站上的个人页面,直接译成"你的帐号"不太好,最好再详细些

8. the resource share fraction devoted to Einstein@Home (as opposed to other BOINC projects) (3) the fraction of time that your machine is turned on, (4) the fraction of THAT time during which your machine is available for running BOINC.

几个fraction译成"比例"可能更好些

[ Last edited by Youth on 2005-8-30 at 09:44 ]

评分

参与人数 2基本分 +30 维基拼图 +14 收起 理由
BiscuiT + 30 + 10
霊烏路 空 + 4

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-8-30 09:39:58 | 显示全部楼层
第1楼文字中的:

我的操作系统是 Linux (2.6.x kernel)。 E@H doesn't show up when running "top". 它在做什么东西吗?

其中的 kernel 是内核版本的意思。

评分

参与人数 1维基拼图 +1 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 1

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-8-30 09:52:10 | 显示全部楼层
第3楼文字中的:

This also applies if your machine is networked by using another machine as a gateway to the internet.
如果您的机器通过另一台机器为路由连接上网的话,以上的方案也是适用的。

应该是:如果您的机器是通过另一台机器作为网关连接上网的话,以上的方案也是适用的。

评分

参与人数 2基本分 +20 维基拼图 +9 收起 理由
BiscuiT + 20 + 8
霊烏路 空 + 1

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-8-30 09:52:22 | 显示全部楼层
to fwjmath:

1. but we are still addressing this issue for those who are concerned.
"但是我们还是为了那些对此事关注的人将这个问题编入"听上去怪怪的:)

2. Note that if you run multiple projects, you may need to set this value on the preferences page of your other project(s) too.
如果您参加多个计划,您要在每个计划的设置页面上设置。
计划->项目?

评分

参与人数 1维基拼图 +2 收起 理由
霊烏路 空 + 2

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-8-30 09:53:55 | 显示全部楼层
辛苦pchu和fwjmath了~~
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2005-8-30 10:21:58 | 显示全部楼层
先上传一下,http://fans.equn.com/dingcong/faq.htm,要麻烦物理区的朋友们帮忙看看,看看是否还有需要修改的地方,谢谢!
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2005-8-30 10:41:53 | 显示全部楼层
-I run Linux (2.6.x kernel). E@H doesn't show up when running "top". Is it doing anything?
-I'm afraid that the still parts of the graphics burn into my screen. Can I do anything? Will this change?
-The E@H deadlines seem too short for my computer.
-(for Linux) My Linux box reports physical memory incorrectly.
-My machine isn't getting any work, and I get scheduler replies saying "No work set, daily quota reached".
以上五项的回答加一下链接(原文有链接,fwjmath用记事本翻译时没加上去)

评分

参与人数 2基本分 +20 维基拼图 +9 收起 理由
BiscuiT + 20 + 8
霊烏路 空 + 1

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2005-8-30 10:44:02 | 显示全部楼层
另外,是不是应该不那么死板……英文原版用斜体看起来很爽,中文用斜体看起来很不爽……
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 新注册用户

本版积分规则

论坛官方淘宝店开业啦~
欢迎大家多多支持基金会~

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|中国分布式计算总站 ( 沪ICP备05042587号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 18:22