头像被屏蔽
发表于 2011-5-21 14:55:02 | 显示全部楼层
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-10-28 10:35:03 | 显示全部楼层
2011-10-25: MilkyWay@home - fixed the problem with no new work

Hi Everyone,

The problem should be fixed -- I put in some changes yesterday which limits the maximum amount of workunits that can be in the database at any given time; since the server had around 300,000 WUs in the database when i made the change I put the cap at 400,000. Looks like you guys requested a ton more work and there are 400,000 WUs in the database at the moment. I'm going to increase the cap to 500,000 which hopefully should be more than enough.

The reason I'm putting the cap in is to prevent the problem we had earlier when I had to wipe clean the database. For whatever reason sometimes when the database is being backed up to disk or if there's a problem with the feeder, the code that calculates the number of workunits available fails and the work generator continues to generate new workunits without stopping -- flooding the database. This extra check should prevent that from happening.

Anyways, work should be flowing again shortly; and I'm working on a better solution to this problem then just a hard cap on the number of workunits in the database (although we probably need that to keep the database from getting unresponsive).

--Travis

2011-10-25: MiklyWay@home - 修复了没有任务的问题

大家好

问题应该已经修复 -- 昨天我做了一些修改,限制了任何时候在数据库中可存在的任务数目的上限;在我修改这个设置的时候,服务器中大概有300,000只任务,所以我把上限定在了400,000. 不过貌似童鞋乃们请求了太多的任务,现在服务器中的任务数量已经达到400,000了。我正打算把上限提升到500,000,希望能够有所富余。

我设置这样的上限的原因,是为了避免之前我们清理数据库时发生的问题。有时候真是莫名其妙,在数据库备份进行期间,或者是feeder出现问题的时候,用于计算WU数目的代码就会发生故障,于是任务生成器会肆无忌惮地产生新的WU -- 造成数据库崩溃。这项额外检查,应该能够避免类似的事情发生

总之,任务发放应该会马上恢复; 同时我也正在寻找一个新的解决方法,而不是仅仅设置一个硬性的上限给WU数据库(尽管我们可能必须这么做,以防止服务器停止响应)

--Travis
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-11-21 13:49:48 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 nekoko 于 2011-11-23 13:25 编辑

17 Nov 2011 | 0:49:48 UTC

The separation runs that analyse the northern galactic cap (Sloan Digital Sky Survey, or SDSS Stripes 9-27) have nearly finished - soon we'll be able to wrap all of that data together, and with data from Nathan Cole's PhD thesis, we'll have a nice scientific paper out in the next few months. We'll keep you notified.
用于分析北半球星空(Sloan Digital Sky Survey, or SDSS Stripes 9-27)的分离程序基本上已经接近完成任务,不久之后我们就能够将所有的数据整合到一起,加上Nathan Cole的PhD假设,我们能够在近几个月内发表一篇不错的科学论文。有任何消息我们会及时通知大家的。

That doesn't mean that the separation code will be retired - far from it. We're starting new separation runs (the ones with "mix" in the name) that are testing the robustness of the separation code. We'll be running simulated data sets along side real data to test several aspects of the stream-fitting process. The main questions are: What would Milkyway@home do if something different from our model exists in the data? And how different would that something have to be in order to modify our results?
但是这并不意味着我们的分离程序将要废弃——恰恰相反,我们正在开始新的分离工作(名字里带有“mix"的)来测试程序的健康程度。我们将会同时运行测试数据和实际数据,以便测试stream-fitting过程的不同方面。主要的问题是:如果我们的模型中的数据有所变化,我们将如何继续挤奶?以及区别的程度达到多少的时候,我们就需要修改我们的结果?

Also, the release of SDSS Data Release 8 earlier this year gives us access to several stripes of data in the southern galactic cap. We are currently processing this data (It's not as continuous as the northern data, so we have to cut out areas with spotty data), and it will eventually run on Milkway@home.
同时,今年早些时候发布的SDSS Data Release 8让我们能够访问一些来自南半球的星空的数据。我们正在分析这些数据(这些数据并不像北半球这么连续,因此我们需要将区域进行点状切割),这些工作最终会在Milkyway@home上运行。

We are also looking to improve the code on Milkyway@home. My brand new paper studies the distribution function of stars in the Milky Way halo, and provides a new convolution kernel that should make Milkyway@home more effective. There are a few other results from that paper, and inside work, that we would like to implement in the Milkyway@home searches. When we update these functions, we will run stripes over again and look for differences.
我们同时也在着手改进Milkyway@home的代码。My brand new paper studies the distribution function of stars in the Milky Way halo, and provides a new convolution kernel that should make Milkyway@home more effective. 这篇论文中以及我们的工作中还有其他的一些结果,这些结果我们将会最终实施到Milkyway@home的搜索中。等我们更新了这些功能,我们将会对一些样本数据再次进行运算,看结果会有什么不同

Long story short: We're almost done with one part of Milkyway@home's mission, but there's still plenty to do. Happy Crunching!
简而言之:我们基本上完成了Milkyway@home的第一乐章,而未来还有很多在等着我们去做。努力算吧!

Cheers - Matthew N
祝大家快乐!- Matthew N
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-11-21 18:54:29 | 显示全部楼层
回复 246# nekoko

这个……是不是找个天文系的修修比较好……现在看起来很像机翻……
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-11-22 14:02:46 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 nekoko 于 2011-11-22 14:04 编辑

回复 247# fwjmath

天文自然一窍不通……看着老没人管蛋疼
PS:是不是不翻更好些?
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-11-22 14:36:28 | 显示全部楼层
翻译得挺欢乐的~“我们将如何继续挤奶?”这都出来了……
PS: convolution kernel 卷积核
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-11-23 13:26:11 | 显示全部楼层
回复 249# DrLingCN

还是看不明白……换成原文了……
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-11-25 21:39:04 | 显示全部楼层
回复 247# fwjmath

有一个专业术语还真得你来翻,连天文系的人多翻译不了啊

文中一开头提及的 the separation 全称是 self-optimizing probabilistic separation techniques,是在进化算法中用来提取数据的。

self-optimizing probabilistic separation techniques 直接翻译过来就是

自优化概率分离技术
自寻优概率分离技术
自适应概率分离技术

但不管哪一个我都找不到相关的资料啊。。。所以,我猜可能不是叫这个名字,你介绍介绍吧
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-11-25 21:52:11 | 显示全部楼层
回复 248# nekoko

他的意思是他去找个天文系的来翻,在他找到之前,还是请 nekoko 姐姐继续翻译吧 我提供一些技术支持:

Sloan Digital Sky Survey 是 斯隆数字巡天
http://baike.baidu.com/view/1424 ... +Digital+Sky+Survey

SDSS Stripes 是 SDSS 数据条。大意是,因为 SDSS 的数据文件太大,为方便下载,把文件分成若干个叫做 stripe 的小文件。
http://dame.dsf.unina.it/catalogues.html
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-11-25 21:58:42 | 显示全部楼层
回复 251# refla

哦,我知道了,好像是叫概率分类器,模式识别的一种
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-11-25 22:36:43 | 显示全部楼层
回复 253# nekoko

真的哦 probabilistic separation techniques 可能就是国内所说的贝叶斯分类器了
http://baike.baidu.com/view/1531860.htm

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-12-10 08:56:43 | 显示全部楼层
斯隆数字巡天的望远镜

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 新注册用户

本版积分规则

论坛官方淘宝店开业啦~
欢迎大家多多支持基金会~

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|中国分布式计算总站 ( 沪ICP备05042587号 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 17:09