参与人数 1基本分 +10 收起 理由
refla + 10 谢谢!

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-12-10 14:43:15 | 显示全部楼层
Recent Problems with the Database
Excuse us for a while...

It appears that the server became unresponsive shortly after everyone left for Thanksgiving break. We've determined that the SQL database is melting down and monopolizing system resources, and we are currently pursuing a solution.

If everything goes well, Matthew A. will have us back up tonight. If not, it could be another day or 2 before things stabilize.

We are in the process of ordering a new server - we hope to transition over the winter break.

We'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
Matthew N 29 Nov 2011 | 21:08:38 UTC

当我们所有人离开去享受感恩节假期时,(我们的)服务器出现了短暂的无法响应的问题。经过检测我们发现,SQL数据库melt down并且占据了系统资源。我们现在正在着手解决。如果顺利的话,Matthew A(这句有些不明白什么意思)今晚将让我们(完成)备份,不顺利的话,可能还需要1-2天让系统稳定。我们正在采购新的服务器,我们希望寒假能够完成(系统,数据)转移。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-12-12 00:09:11 | 显示全部楼层
N-body updated to 0.80
I've updated all the N-body applications to 0.80.

These add a new kind of likelihood calculation (and soon validation method) we're probably going to switch to using that will allow adding GPU versions sometime in the near future (the GPU version is pretty much ready to go, but we need to fiddle with these kinds of issues first).

Since the n-body is statistical, for any simulation the result can be anywhere in a distribution. So far for validation we have relied on the results from any 2 system being identical, but this is more problematic when you try to include GPUs. The new results should be "fuzzier" and more resistant to some other types potential problems the old likelihood calculation could have.
9 Dec 2011 | 3:27:35 UTC

N-body 计算程序新版本0.80发布。
增加了一种可能很快投入使用的新的相似性计算方法(很快会有新的验证方法),使得在不久的将来增加GPU版本的计算程序成为可能(GPU程序还有很长的路要走,但是这些问题是需要首先解决的)。
因为N-body是统计性的,所以对于任意一次模拟得出的结果可能是在一定范围内任意分布的(?,参考http://milkyway.cs.rpi.edu/milkyway/forum_thread.php?id=643#11117)。到目前为止验证两台机器返回的结果的方法是靠这两个结果完全一样,但当包含GPU后事情变得不确定了。新的结果应当是更“模糊”的,并且与旧的相似性计算方法想比对一些其他的潜在问题更有抗性。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-2-8 08:13:15 | 显示全部楼层
Hi Everyone,

The new server is in, and we'll be migrating everything over to it this week. We expect to have everything done Tuesday or Wednesday next week. We are expecting to be able to move the entire database over, so we don't expect that you'll lose any work or credit during the transition. Sometime along the way we'll be shutting down the old server for a period of time while we migrate the database over, and redirect milkyway.cs.rpi.edu over to the new machine.

We'll be trying to make it as seamless and painless as possible for everyone. Hopefully this will solve a lot of our crashing issues as well.

大意:新服务器到位,本周将进行转移工作。预计下周二或周三能够把工作完成。我们希望能够把整个数据库转移,这样转移过程不会造成任何分数和任务的丢失。有时我们得关闭旧的服务器,并将网址指向新的服务器。我们希望能够尽可能的降低对大家的影响,并希望能够解决过去遇到的一些计算的问题。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-2-8 08:23:22 | 显示全部楼层
Remainder of the Double Credits: A Valentine's Day Present
A few weeks ago, we ran double credits in order to make up for a database error that occurred earlier in 2011. Unfortunately, the server crashed with just 12 hours left until the make-up credits were finished.

Now that the new server is up and running (and stable! very stable!), and everyone here is back from travels and winter break, we are ready to finish running those last 12 hours of double make-up credits.

If there are no significant objections, we'll run the double credits on St. Valentine's Day (February 14), from 10:00 am until 10:00 pm, US Eastern time (EST). This corresponds to 3pm (Feb14)-3am (Feb15) UTC.

Happy crunching!

5 Feb 2012 | 3:25:39 UTC

大意:几周前为了弥补因为服务器错误造成的影响,我们发送了双倍积分包。但是服务器在该类型积分包完成前12小时奔溃。
因此,为了弥补这12小时的损失,计划于情人节发送12小时的双倍积分包。美国东部时间早上10点至晚上10点。世界时下午3点至15日的早上3点。(总之,国内就是14号的晚上11点至15号的早上11点,应该没算错吧==)
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-2-8 08:24:23 | 显示全部楼层
另外,1月7日有一条一句话新闻,官方把每个gpu的任务上限调整至20个。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-3-20 10:37:57 | 显示全部楼层
8 Feb
Separation updated to 1.00
I've updated all of the separation applications to 1.00. For changes people might care about,

- The old CAL version is gone; it's replaced with the OpenCL application. On AMD/ATI GPUs (older than 79xx) it is using some hackery to use the same IL kernel as before so it should be as fast. However this also means the Radeon 38xx cards aren't supported with new stuff.

- Radeon 79xx stuff should work

- The occasional validate errors from empty / truncated stderr should stop

- AVX will be used if available on Linux and Windows (64 bit only for Windows)

- I've increased the default GPU target frequency so GPU stuff should make things less laggy on average. You can now also configure this with the web preferences now so you don't need to use app_info stuff if you want to play with that.

- Partial workaround with high CPU usage with recent Nvidia drivers.*

As usual post problems you run into here.

* It should cut down on the CPU usage a bit while not sacrificing too much. I would recommend not using it unless you are very unhappy with the CPU usage on Nvidia. There are options to change the polling mode if you want to lower the CPU usage further while not slowing it down. (--gpu-wait-factor (default = 0.75) and --gpu-polling-mode (default = - 2) work similarly to how they did with the old CAL one, but slightly different). With the default of -2 it will use mode -1 unless it is an Nvidia driver newer than the one that introduced the high CPU issue, where it will use mode 0. Mode -1 uses the correct waiting method, mode 0 use the correct waiting method with an initial sleep based on time estimates, and modes > 0 are a polling period in milliseconds. The wait factor is a sort of correction of the time estimate used for the initial wait. The default is 0.75, to wait for 75% of the estimated time before trying to poll.
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-3-20 10:39:47 | 显示全部楼层
New Separation Runs
I've just started up some new runs, with names like "ps_separation_14_2s_..." and "ps_separation_15_2s_...". These runs are designed to study some of the Computer Science that drives Milkyway@home.

As always, let me know if you have any trouble with these work units.

-Matthew N 1 Mar 2012 | 21:21:05 UTC

大意是说增加了以研究cs为目的的wu
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-3-20 22:30:56 | 显示全部楼层
邮件

Hello,

Throughout 2011 you diligently drew bubbles, star clusters and more as part of the Milky Way Project. Thanks to that effort, we have created astronomy's largest catalogue of bubbles (5,106 of them). You can read more about this on the blog at http://blogs.zooniverse.org/mwp/2012/02/02/data-release-1/. These results are really exciting and make up the bulk of our first science paper, which has now been accepted for publication in the Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society. You can find the MWP paper here: http://arxiv.org/abs/1201.6357. This paper credits the MWP community and you can see the names of more than 35,000 people who contributed to this study at http://www.milkywayproject.org/authors/.

Following on from this success the MWP science team have decided to inject thousands of new images onto the site. Instead of looking through the whole Galaxy, searching for bubbles, we're now showing you the bubbles from the catalogue you created. This is a really exciting change for the MWP. This update to the site will allow us to get better, more precise measurements of all the bubbles in the catalogue. In short: it means more beautiful bubbles for you, and more science for the project.

We'd like to say thank you for your continued efforts on the Milky Way Project. The project will keep evolving over the course of 2012. You can keep up to date, or ask questions, on Twitter @milkywayproj or on our blog at http://blogs.zooniverse.org/mwp/.

We hope you enjoy all the new images on the site,

Rob and the Milky Way Project Team
http://www.milkywayproject.org

大意是大家的努力使研究论文被皇家天文学会月报接受。通过链接可以查看。
感谢大家的努力
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-5-24 01:37:31 | 显示全部楼层
New Separation Runs
I started 2 new separation runs today:

ps_separation_09_2s_sample_1
ps_separation_10_2s_sample_1

Post here or in the Number Crunching Message Board if you notice anything strange about them!

大意:发放了新的独立包,有问题请联系他们。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-6-8 22:26:27 | 显示全部楼层
started a new search 'ps_separation_14_2s_05_3_test_1'
I'm trying to address the errors people have been having with workunits failing. Let me know if any of the workunits for this new search are crashing. Matt A. told me that this old parameter file should be working fine, so I'm testing it out.

--Travis
大意:开始了新的搜索。如果出现了问题请联系他,Matt.A说旧的参数文件应该没有问题。所以他们开始放包测试了
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-9-25 23:04:37 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 xuyongchen 于 2012-9-25 10:07 编辑

After a summer of intense development, we are ready to restart the nbody runs. We have updated the code and have(hopefully)working binaries for Linux 64bit, Linux 32bit and Mac 64bit. Over the upcoming weeks we will be posting binaries for the other platforms. Please let us know how the new code is running.

Thank you all!

-Steve 17 Aug 2012 | 21:11:14 UTC

大意:经过一个暑假的调整,准备重新发放Nbody任务。他们更新了代码,可(希)以(望)运行在64位,32位Linux和64位Mac上(注:以二进制的方式运行?记得好像可以这么编码,省去计算机解码的时间,速度会快一点,希望有程序员能解释一下,不知道我理解的对不对)。有问题希望大家联系。

评分

参与人数 1维基拼图 +5 收起 理由
xx318088 + 5

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-10-27 17:11:45 | 显示全部楼层
Apology for recent bad batches of workunits
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to send out an apology for all the problematic workunits being sent out lately. This was mostly my fault -- we have quite a few new students using MilkyWay@Home for their research -- and the code to start up new searches wasn't doing a very good job of ensuring the quality of the input files they were submitting to it.

We didn't have much problem with this in the past as it was mostly just me and Matt Newby submitting jobs and we knew what we were doing, but the client applications are rather finicky about extra whitespace and things like that in the input files, and this was causing a lot of the crashing workunits.

I'm in the process of updating the search submission code to be a lot more robust and catch these errors before sending things out, so hopefully this won't be as much of an issue in the future (hopefully not an issue at all!).

So I again I want to apologize for the lack of robustness in some of my code that was causing the crashes in the last few days. We're looking into the issue that's causing the las bit of errors that seem to be happening out there (it looks like there's some error in the client code that is causing NANs with certain input parameters, which results in the client reporting an error for the workunit). So I hope we can get that cleared up soon as well.

Happy crunching!
--Travis 14 Oct 2012 | 22:11:37 UTC
大意:发出了许多有问题的任务包,问题正在解决。
2012年10月15日6时11分37秒(北京时间)

评分

参与人数 1维基拼图 +10 收起 理由
xx318088 + 10

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-12-7 15:11:38 | 显示全部楼层
News

12/6-Validator is down
The Validator is down so Pendings are building. Please know that it has been escalated and we hope to have it resolved as soon as possible.

*You should get your usual credit for any work you have done or continue to do during the outage*.

Thank you for your patience.

=========================
12月6日,验证服务器挂了。我们正在升级这一服务器,希望尽快搞定。

在故障期间完成的任务包将正常给分。

评分

参与人数 1维基拼图 +5 收起 理由
xx318088 + 5

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 新注册用户

本版积分规则

论坛官方淘宝店开业啦~

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|中国分布式计算总站 ( 沪ICP备05042587号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 15:57