- Why does my country have so few members when I
know there are more?
- Why am I periodically asked to log into World
Community Grid again?
- Forum Policy for Members
- What is a Community Admin?
Why does my country
have so few members when I know there are more?
On the Statistics
By Geography page you can see that
there are tens of thousands of member who have decided not to
identify their country. If you wish to identify yourself with a
country, please update your profile.
Why am I periodically
asked to log into World Community Grid again?
The World Community Grid grants you
the ability to use the website for a specific length of time
after you log into the website. Once that length of time has
been reached, you will be asked log in again. This is done in
order to ensure that the member using the website is the member
who logged in.
Forum Policy for
By participating in World Community
Grid, you have agreed to follow the rules as outlined in the Software
License Agreement. In addition, a
few rules have been established for use with World Community
Grid Forum participation. These rules will be updated from time
to time as conditions warrant.
Forum posts may not be obscene, hate related, sexually explicit,
express intolerance of others by denigrating others for their
race, nationality, gender, beliefs, religion, preferences, or
disabilities or use any name that is a trademark or trade name
of, or is owned by someone other than you. Forum posts may not
point to a website which features sexual content, gambling, or
intolerance of others. In addition, Members may not represent
themselves as other Members or as employees of World Community
World Community Grid is supported by a group of great Community
Admins. Anyone with the title “Community Admin” has been
authorized by World Community Grid to help answer questions in
the forums. Community Admins are not employees of World
Community Grid but have volunteered to help in this role and
also have to follow the forum rules. World Community Grid asks
that you respect the requests and opinions of the Community
Some other basic rules for the forums include:
- Please help to make the Forums an enjoyable experience for
- Please make all posts kid friendly
- Please choose the appropriate Forum before posting a new
- Please obtain as much information as possible about a
problem before posting your query, as this will help to find
a quicker solution
- Please post anything unrelated to World Community Grid in
the Chat Room
- Please remember that profane language is not tolerated and
will be deleted
- Please do not start Flame Wars in the Forums, as this will
not be tolerated
- Please do not reignite inflammatory threads by creating
new threads after existing threads on the same topic have
- Please do not hijack other member's threads
- Please do not be rude to other members nor retaliate if a
member is rude to you
- Please do not recruit members outside of the Team Forum
- Please be patient when waiting for an answer to a message
- Please do not include graphics which exceed 600x600 pixels
as they may be removed by World Community Grid
- Please run one team thread only per team in the Team Forum
unless there is a major milestone event to celebrate
- Please do not post copyrighted material unless you are the
owner of the copyrighted material
- Please do not use World Community Grid forums for outside
advertising or marketing of any kind
World Community Grid reserves the right to remove or require you
to remove any Forum post that the World Community Grid in its
sole discretion considers to be offensive or objectionable.
Any questions or comments about these rules should be addressed
to World Community Grid via the Contact
What is a Community
A Community Admin is a member who has
been identified by World Community Grid as someone who has
provided significant assistance to other members in the forums.
These members are given an official title to distinguish them in
the forums and have the ability to post in the Start Here:
Community-maintained FAQs . They also have the ability to
communicate more directly with the World Community Grid support
team. The members who are Community Admins include:
World Community Grid sincerely appreciates the invaluable help
that these members provide.
- Lewis Carroll
- Arnold Clarke
- Samuel Clemens